My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

New software version 1.00.54

(165 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Pollensa1946 - 1 hour ago  » 

REPASSAC - 5 minutes ago  » 
    Can you not simply share the Music tree folder? You would need to assign permissions of course. Any reason you did not use the free Windows Media Player?

Yes, Windows XP version does not provide a media server capability.

XP.? Have you not thought about a more modern OS? Whilst good in it's day it really is a bit long in the tooth to hold it's own in the world of digital media.

| Fri 5 Jul 2013 18:08:17 #161 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Faust - 5 minutes ago  » 

Can you not simply share the Music tree folder? You would need to assign permissions of course. Any reason you did not use the free Windows Media Player?

XP.? Have you not thought about a more modern OS? Whilst good in it's day it really is a bit long in the tooth to hold it's own in the world of digital media.

Is this the best you can do? This smells of desperation.
    I have loads of working pgms and devices and can't be bothered with the hassle of changing. Why should I when everything works except the Humax client?
    OK, I have missed the point of this debate. I have at least 7 clients that work fine so it's my fault that the Humax does not. Please, please forgive me.

| Fri 5 Jul 2013 18:17:51 #162 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Faust - 5 minutes ago  » 

Is this the best you can do? This smells of desperation.
    I have loads of working pgms and devices and can't be bothered with the hassle of changing. Why should I when everything works except the Humax client?
    OK, I have missed the point of this debate. I have at least 7 clients that work fine so it's my fault that the Humax does not. Please, please forgive me.

Ok come on Pollensa' you are beginning to sound like the classic old man. Nay it were good enough for mi grandpa so it's good enough for me. I'm getting towards retirement myself but hope I'm always open to new tech. Upgrade to W7 and you might just find life just got a whole lot easier

| Fri 5 Jul 2013 19:31:17 #163 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I would find life a little less tedious without your frivolous,imperious, obdurate interjections into an otherwise sensible discussion. Having earned a well deserved reputation for exactly that over on AVForums and DigitalSpy you must have got bored and come here.

| Fri 5 Jul 2013 20:05:31 #164 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Time to end this constant bickering.

| Fri 5 Jul 2013 20:50:01 #165 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.