My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

New software version 1.01.11

(133 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jsatherley

My FVP-4000T was working perfectly well before the software update earlier this month. It updated automatically to the latest version via WiFi. It was then unstable as described in many posts above. I did a factory default and have also turned off the network server. (Both recommended by Humax Support and in posts above.) However, it remains unstable, rebooting during the watching of recordings.

For those experiencing similar problems has anyone got it working by making any other changes or do we have to wait for another software update to remedy the current faults?

| Tue 31 May 2016 14:20:41 #111 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I think the only real cure for this particular model is a very large hammer and then for Humax to go back to the drawing board, head suitably hung in shame.

| Tue 31 May 2016 16:01:53 #112 |
  3. RogerB

RogerB

special member

I am currently in discussion with the supplier of my Humax to return it for refund (purchased Nov 2015). I have become fed up with waiting for these matters to be rectified. It shouldn't be this hard to watch TV. R-

| Tue 31 May 2016 16:04:49 #113 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

RogerB - 2 hours ago  » 
    I am currently in discussion with the supplier of my Humax to return it for refund (purchased Nov 2015). I have become fed up with waiting for these matters to be rectified. It shouldn't be this hard to watch TV. R-

Humax have previous form in this respect. The 1000S had numerous bugs on release and each s/w update brought new ones. Only in the past 9 months (3 years in) has it been fairly stable, although totally mediocre with regard to UI and still missing many features/fixes requested by users. That of course does not take account of the multiple users complaining of the HDD not being recognised. I've never used the app so have never had that problem.
    A prospective first time Humax buyer would run after reading these forums.

| Tue 31 May 2016 18:24:05 #114 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Pollensa1946 - 4 hours ago  » 

RogerB - 2 hours ago  » 

Humax have previous form in this respect. The 1000S had numerous bugs on release and each s/w update brought new ones. Only in the past 9 months (3 years in) has it been fairly stable, although totally mediocre with regard to UI and still missing many features/fixes requested by users. That of course does not take account of the multiple users complaining of the HDD not being recognised. I've never used the app so have never had that problem.
    A prospective first time Humax buyer would run after reading these forums.

To be fair, I don't think the 1000s has had anywhere near the amount of issues this current 4000T is having.

I purchased our 1000s just a couple of months after launch - the first one failed after three weeks but was replaced within 24 hours. Since then apart from the 'no recordings, no access to disk' issue which is very occasional our unit has been pretty solid. If I remember correctly there was a minor hiccough with one of software updates and the record app needs to be steered clear of but apart from that I think that's about it.

In some ways with streaming continuing to gain traction consumers are lucky that PVRs are still being manufactured, though I wonder for how much longer. I suspect with margins being so thin that is why their development before release is not what it should be.

| Tue 31 May 2016 22:35:31 #115 |
  6. anthonygriff

anthonygriff

I bought this unit solely for my wife's use and never use it myself, but she started complaining about the stuttering and locking up etc. I checked the machine and noticed that it had been updated with the latest software.

We tried everything that people had tried on here except the hard drive format, she just had too many recorded programmes.

On 23.5.16 I emailed Humax asking if there was any way I could install the old software. Having heard nothing from them after 2 days we gave up on the unit and unplugged and plugged it back in then left it in standby for at least 24 hrs whilst recording some of the wife's stuff on my hdr-1000s.

We turned the unit back on on the 26.5. and it's not misbehaved since. Humax got back to me also on the 26th saying a few??? customers had a similar problem to ours and they were investigating it, and gave me the same instructions as others have had. They ignored my original question. I told them what I had done and the effect it seemed to have had.

Whether we were just lucky or the long time in standby worked I don't know, at least peace reigns at the moment.

| Wed 1 Jun 2016 3:19:09 #116 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luddite

Luddite - 1 hour ago  » 
    So Humax are exchanging the unit later this week. Slightly disappointed that I get a refurbished model as a replacement but we'll see how that one fares. I'm less than 6 months into owning it so any more problems will be reported straight away. So very frustrating when the problem appears to be down to a software update!

Why are you not going through JL?
    Are JL wiping there hands of it because it has had a software update?

JL's response was that I had to deal with the manufacturer directly as outside the 30 days since purchase.

| Tue 7 Jun 2016 18:45:38 #117 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luddite

Oh and the replacement box arrived. All ok until Sunday when the unit started freezing during playback and was unresponsive to the remote. It now seizes up during live tv. what a pain.
    Have tried the fix mentioned a page or so back re Networks so will see how that goes. How shambolic can things get?!

| Tue 7 Jun 2016 18:53:31 #118 |
  9. prking

prking

I am still having problems with the latest firmware and the network. It was fine before the update but now rarely a day goes by without a network related issue. Very disappointed that it wasn't properly tested before release.

| Tue 7 Jun 2016 22:48:44 #119 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Luddite - 4 hours ago  » 

Luddite - 1 hour ago  » 
    So Humax are exchanging the unit later this week. Slightly disappointed that I get a refurbished model as a replacement but we'll see how that one fares. I'm less than 6 months into owning it so any more problems will be reported straight away. So very frustrating when the problem appears to be down to a software update!

Why are you not going through JL?
    Are JL wiping there hands of it because it has had a software update?
    JL's response was that I had to deal with the manufacturer directly as outside the 30 days since purchase.

I'm truly astonished that anyone at JL would tell a customer something like this which is patently untrue. If you purchased through JL then your contract is with them not Humax - that is consumer law. You should have asked for a mirror to check if the word MUG was written on your forehead.

| Tue 7 Jun 2016 23:27:08 #120 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.