My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

New software version 1.01.11

(133 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Luddite - 4 hours ago  » 
    Oh and the replacement box arrived. All ok until Sunday when the unit started freezing during playback and was unresponsive to the remote. It now seizes up during live tv. what a pain.
    Have tried the fix mentioned a page or so back re Networks so will see how that goes. How shambolic can things get?!

The question is - why would you assume it would be any different, these aren't hardware issues.

| Tue 7 Jun 2016 23:29:38 #121 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

HoriZon

Samba server keeps turning it self off after power down I have noticed have to go back to the settings and turn it back on a number of times now.

Not every time minds.

| Fri 10 Jun 2016 11:05:03 #122 |
  3. andyb63uk

Andy B

Any idea when the next update fixing all the other bugs highlighted in the Netfilx test is going to happen?

| Tue 21 Jun 2016 19:56:37 #123 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

morbes

According to Joseph m from their customer support, within the next couple of weeks.

To be fair, he did say that they had been having email problems which were now cured, and we were tic-tacing quite merrily this afternoon so maybe try email for an answer..

uksupport@humaxonline.co.uk

| Tue 21 Jun 2016 22:21:15 #124 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cyderman

Since my first problem with the update, the unit continued to freeze every couple of days.
    Following other posts on here, I have turned off the network server, and in a belts and braces move, I have also disconnected the unit from my router.
    This kind of defeats the object of the Freeview play feature, BUT, the unit has now worked continuously for over a week, with no freezing.
    I will reconnect to the network and report back...

| Wed 22 Jun 2016 11:38:45 #125 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Cyderman - 31 minutes ago  » 
    Since my first problem with the update, the unit continued to freeze every couple of days.
    Following other posts on here, I have turned off the network server, and in a belts and braces move, I have also disconnected the unit from my router.
    This kind of defeats the object of the Freeview play feature, BUT, the unit has now worked continuously for over a week, with no freezing.
    I will reconnect to the network and report back...

Volunteer to beta test the latest version(s) which are being tweaked to try and overcome the unresponsive/lockup problem.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/beta-testers-required

| Wed 22 Jun 2016 12:12:34 #126 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

PJM

Before this software update we had a couple of isolated issues with the box not coming on and needing the power cable pulling out of the box and pushing back in again to work.

Since the upgrade happened we have had more instances of this, plus:

- box coming on (bright blue light) in the middle of the night and not responding (had to unplug to fix); only happened once.

- on Saturday the recording list disappeared, only reappearing after unplugging. This is more worrying as this loss of the recordings index is what finally did for the old 9200 albeit after 9 yrs service (fvp4000 only has 4 months so far).

I'm not as unhappy with the box as some here have been but this most recent issue causes a few concerns.

Is there an easier way to force a restart than pulling the power cable out?

Thanks, Paul

| Mon 4 Jul 2016 12:14:42 #127 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

PJM - 23 hours ago <
    - on Saturday the recording list disappeared, only reappearing after unplugging. This is more worrying as this loss of the recordings index is what finally did for the old 9200 albeit after 9 yrs service

A quick fix which almost always works is to press the record button and start recording a TV programme.

Wait a few moments and go back to the recordings and you can usually see them.

I guess that the Humax needs the file system working to create the new recording and whatever fix is done then also makes the file system work for looking at saved recordings.

| Tue 5 Jul 2016 11:33:29 #128 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

PJM

JohnH77 - 23 hours ago  » 

PJM - 23 hours ago <
    - on Saturday the recording list disappeared, only reappearing after unplugging. This is more worrying as this loss of the recordings index is what finally did for the old 9200 albeit after 9 yrs service

A quick fix which almost always works is to press the record button and start recording a TV programme.
    Wait a few moments and go back to the recordings and you can usually see them.

Thanks, I did try this at time. Recorded live TV for a minute or so. The recorded programme appeared in the recordings list but it didn't bring anything else back until I restarted the box.

| Wed 6 Jul 2016 10:46:55 #129 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

this loss of the recordings index is what finally did for the old 9200

I don't think you need to worry. The 9200 operating system was a special, and did not mark faulty disk blocks as faulty, and take them out of service.

The 9200 disk itself came with some spare blocks and, once the disk had used up its spare blocks, there were no more left. When the next block went faulty you either got a glitch on a recording ... or, if that block was used in the file system, the file system broke. The 9200 had two copies of the file system so when the first broke, it switched to the second, but when that broke as well, there was nothing which could be done. I am on my third 9200 disk

The FVP 4000 has a much more modern operating system (Linux) where the operating system marks faulty disk blocks as faulty, and stops using them, so the same problem does not happen.

But there is obviously something funny with the FVP 4000 as it should alsways see the recordings.

| Wed 6 Jul 2016 11:08:46 #130 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.