My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

New software version for FVP 5000T - 1.03.37

(100 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

grahamlthompson - 59 minutes ago  » 
    In the epg move to the channel you want to watch either by channel up/down the up/down arrows or entering the channel number at the current time. Press OK and OK again on watch live.
    While watching recording Freeview-Play - recordings locate the recording you are watching - OK will show the info.

OK thank you.
    Not the most direct methods, shame Humax dont think to make more use of the coloured keys in the on screen options like the old PVR9300.

| Thu 1 Feb 2018 15:53:21 #81 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Volkswagen - 28 minutes ago  » 

A1944 - 1 month ago  » 
    I attempted to update my new 5000T and it failed to find new software.
    It was only when I returned to this thread and rechecked the new version number that I found that it had been shipped with 1.03.37 already installed (build date 21 Nov).

Can the 5000t update OTA or does one have to download the file to a USB stick from the Humax website? I have a feeling from reading here that it updates OTA.

Updates can be via LAN/WiFi if unit connected to home network or if no network connection via USB.

| Thu 1 Feb 2018 15:58:36 #82 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

giverny - 1 hour ago  » 

Barry - 18 hours ago  » 

Harris4000 - 34 minutes ago  » 
    If I upgrade my 4000T with the 5000 software, are there any issues with using the RM-L03 remote?

No
    Edit: Off topic nonsense removed from this thread.

Barry - an added dynamic now that we have 4000T users running the 5000T software
    with the new software how do you call up program info when watching a recording. You could do this before but I can not work out how to do this now ?

This has been highlighted to Humax Towers.

| Thu 1 Feb 2018 16:00:51 #83 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

giverny - 8 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 59 minutes ago  » 
    In the epg move to the channel you want to watch either by channel up/down the up/down arrows or entering the channel number at the current time. Press OK and OK again on watch live.
    While watching recording Freeview-Play - recordings locate the recording you are watching - OK will show the info.

OK thank you.
    Not the most direct methods, shame Humax dont think to make more use of the coloured keys in the on screen options like the old PVR9300.

It would be wonderful to see the coloured keys being used to their full like all previous models before the 4000/5000. Currently we just have one occasion where the blue key is used.

Any chance of this happening?

| Thu 1 Feb 2018 16:04:01 #84 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Volkswagen

Barry - 10 minutes ago  » 

Volkswagen - 28 minutes ago  » 

A1944 - 1 month ago  » 
    I attempted to update my new 5000T and it failed to find new software.
    It was only when I returned to this thread and rechecked the new version number that I found that it had been shipped with 1.03.37 already installed (build date 21 Nov).

Can the 5000t update OTA or does one have to download the file to a USB stick from the Humax website? I have a feeling from reading here that it updates OTA.

Updates can be via LAN/WiFi if unit connected to home network or if no network connection via USB.

Thanks.

| Thu 1 Feb 2018 16:09:06 #85 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Funky

As stated earlier in this thread, after updating to the latest software, my unit developed problems, being unable to access the backward EPG and the 'On Demand'. So I restored it to the 'factory default' and all was fine.
    Today I tried to access the BEPG, only to find it wouldn't work. I then checked the software version and found the unit had updated itself, with no input from me!
    Anyway this can be stopped?
    Can I send it back?

| Thu 8 Feb 2018 0:46:44 #86 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Factory default would not have affected the software version uploaded.

Your symptoms indicate a problem with network connection, how is it connected to your network eg cable, wifi, powerline adaptors?

| Thu 8 Feb 2018 9:06:04 #87 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Funky

Barry - 7 hours ago  » 
    Factory default would not have affected the software version uploaded.
    Your symptoms indicate a problem with network connection, how is it connected to your network eg cable, wifi, powerline adaptors?

Thank you for your reply, my system is connected via Wi-Fi, which is good! I can access iPlayers via the 'Freeview/Play' button, but the BEPG states "No program information available".
    My machine updated itself to the latest software, wether that was OTA or not I don't know. But, last time I updated I had to do a factory reset, to get back the BEPG etc..

| Thu 8 Feb 2018 17:01:46 #88 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

DerekJJ

Funky

I had this problem and discovered that it appears to be a common FreeviewPlay problem. It is fixed by removing the power plug from the rear of the Humax box and leaving it out for at least 30 seconds. This has worked for me.

DerekJJ

| Thu 8 Feb 2018 19:39:24 #89 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Funky

Hey DerekJJ.
    Thanks for the info, and YES, that appears to have worked.

| Fri 9 Feb 2018 0:50:59 #90 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.