My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

New software version for FVP 5000T - 1.03.37

(100 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

stu666

For some reason I can't find the thread about FVP-5000T firmware loaded onto FVP-4000T boxes any more, which is why I am posting here. Apologies if it's the wrong place. I loaded the FVP-5000T firmware version onto my FVP-4000T two or three weeks back. All has seemed well until a couple of days ago, when the list view of recordings started getting obscured by large areas of white screen, which looked like giant portions of the channel logos, as one of the areas was '4' shaped, and another was '5' shaped. Switching to the grid view of recordings, the problem went away. One other thing is sometimes when pressing the stop button when watching a recording, it returns to live TV rather than bringing up the options to delete the recording, etc. I don't know if pukka FVP-5000T owners have encountered these quirks, or if they are a 'hybrid' issue?

Admin Edit: moved to the thread as mentioned in first sentence.

| Fri 16 Feb 2018 11:33:05 #6 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

stu666 - 2 minutes ago  » 
    For some reason I can't find the thread about FVP-5000T firmware loaded onto FVP-4000T boxes any more, which is why I am posting here. Apologies if it's the wrong place. I loaded the FVP-5000T firmware version onto my FVP-4000T two or three weeks back. All has seemed well until a couple of days ago, when the list view of recordings started getting obscured by large areas of white screen, which looked like giant portions of the channel logos, as one of the areas was '4' shaped, and another was '5' shaped. Switching to the grid view of recordings, the problem went away. One other thing is sometimes when pressing the stop button when watching a recording, it returns to live TV rather than bringing up the options to delete the recording, etc. I don't know if pukka FVP-5000T owners have encountered these quirks, or if they are a 'hybrid' issue?

You may have got some corruption in the box RAM. Photograph your recording schedule and do a reset to factory defaults.

Not seen anything like this on my FVP-5000T.

| Fri 16 Feb 2018 11:37:50 #7 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

stu666

That's a very valid suggestion, thank you Graham. I now recall we had some fluctuating mains power a few days back. The lights flickered momentarily, but it was enough to reset the clock on the microwave. It may have been enough to corrupt the RAM without being of long enough duration to reboot the recorder. I have just removed power from the 4000T then reconnected, and thus far the screen overwrite hasn't recurred. Thanks again.

Admin Edit: Post moved to correct thread

| Fri 16 Feb 2018 12:05:53 #6 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

DerekJJ

Stu66

I had the same problem with my software upgraded FVP-4000T. Solved by doing factory reset Now OK.

| Fri 16 Feb 2018 12:52:29 #93 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Marius

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » You may have got some corruption in the box RAM. Photograph your recording schedule and do a reset to factory defaults.
    Not seen anything like this on my FVP-5000T.

I saw the exact same thing on my 5000T all day yesterday. It was truly unbelievable. Huge white channel logos were floating about in the recorded programme list and when you selected a particular recorded programme the explanatory text was almost completely obscured by one of these monstrosities.

The logo was in the form of a giant white channel number - the distinctive Channel Four "4", for example - and always corresponded to the channel of the recorded programme being viewed (which was why I thought it was probably a deliberate innovation rather than a software malfunction).

Unfortunately - or perhaps fortunately - I was too busy yesterday to photograph the phenomenon and post the rant against Humax's stupidity that began to form in mind every time a recorded programme's details were obscured by a floating numeral.

But I did check into the forum a couple of times and was amazed that no one else had complained (as UK customer services reps always claim).

| Fri 16 Feb 2018 13:04:56 #94 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Marius

DerekJJ - 14 minutes ago  » 
    Stu66
    I had the same problem with my software upgraded FVP-4000T. Solved by doing factory reset Now OK.

I forgot to say that the problem is also gone for me now although I did nothing (apart from swearing at the TV).

| Fri 16 Feb 2018 13:08:21 #95 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

Marius - 1 hour ago  » 

DerekJJ - 14 minutes ago  » 
    Stu66

I forgot to say that the problem is also gone for me now although I did nothing (apart from swearing at the TV).

To reinforce other reports(I am running 5000T software on 4000T) I also had this bizarre problem of large white characters within the program list. The software was obviously picking up on a specific part of the screen and enlarging the character.
    I powered off at the plug, restarted and all OK now.

| Fri 16 Feb 2018 14:15:45 #96 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

AJ

I am on a FVP5000T and also had this on Wednesday night for the first time ever. I also got annoyed but did nothing, ignored it.

Next day the big logos had gone as well as the little logos but today all is as it should be again.

Incidentally the normal logos have been better for me lately, more days when they are there than not. Was nothing to do with the router as it was new in December and I gave up restarting the Humax all the time.

| Fri 16 Feb 2018 21:34:44 #98 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

mrbiscuit

Applied the software update to my FVP4000T.

Definite improvement.

Like the list view in recordings, & schedule improvement.
    Also like info on current airing program in guide, without changing to watching.

Recordings list view I think is 1s faster to show than grid view. (3s)
    Any improvement in speed is greatly welcomed.

Speed of UI use is my major gripe, about a PVR that otherwise performs flawlessly in its main task, that of recording, sometimes 4 channels, whilst watching a 5th or a recording.

I doff my cap to peterobb, nice work.

SOoo glad I didn't purchase a 5000T.
    Was very tempted, as I thought surely it would offer the same or better functionality, but be slicker & faster in use.

| Sun 18 Feb 2018 11:20:50 #99 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I have just installed V1.03.39 via the OTA update.
    All went fine and appears to be identical to the 5000t software that I have been using for the last few weeks.

Atb
    Chris

| Tue 20 Feb 2018 9:41:58 #100 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.