My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

New software version for FVP 5000T - 1.03.37

(100 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Available now, can be applied via Settings, System Settings, System Information, Check New Software.

Changes as follows:

1. Added ‘NEXT’ in Top Picks : This is recommendation for future broadcast events curated by Humax. ‘Don’t Miss It’ for single event type, and ‘Popular TV series’ for series events.

2. Rebranded UI theme on ‘Recordings’ and ‘Media’

3. Added broadcast event link on Backward EPG : Selecting events from BEPG, you now are able to see the recordings if available, and future broadcast events so you can set recordings from BEPG.

4. New settings category, Advanced Settings : Server management, File share, Remote recording setup menus are separately arranged in Advanced Settings.

5. Key repeating is only applied on Navigation keys, Volume and channel keys. Press and hold for continuous key commanding is only available on those keys.

Edit: Will leave 'stuck' to top of Forum for a week.

Edit 2: 22/01/18 - Software available from Humax Support site:

Link

| Thu 14 Dec 2017 14:19:29 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

DOC1968

Thank you Barry for the update information.

| Fri 15 Dec 2017 7:20:56 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

CSA

This is my first Humax and I installed the update yesterday. When it got to 100% the screen goes dead for a long time. I had almost reached the point where I was about to try to fix the problem ... when suddenly the screen came back to life and showed that the update was being installed. So be patient even if it looks like the install has gone wrong .... wait !

| Fri 15 Dec 2017 9:12:52 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I attempted to update my new 5000T and it failed to find new software.

It was only when I returned to this thread and rechecked the new version number that I found that it had been shipped with 1.03.37 already installed (build date 21 Nov).

| Fri 15 Dec 2017 9:19:36 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jaeger

Thank you for the information.
    I had no problems with the downloading or install.
    I like the BEPG link, never even thought of that.
    Still not addressed the genre search though, pity.

Regarding my loss of On-Demand and BEPG, I've now connected via LAN as unplugging supply to reset loses the WiFi password (PITA)
    The problem is still there so it's not WiFi.

| Fri 15 Dec 2017 14:44:07 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

HughA

Am I right to assume that if I update the software my recording schedules will not be deleted?

| Sat 16 Dec 2017 9:03:26 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

HughA - 4 minutes ago  » 
    Am I right to assume that if I update the software my recording schedules will not be deleted?

You are correct.

| Sat 16 Dec 2017 9:08:25 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

HughA

Thanks Barry. My unit is already on 1.03.37 which is strange as I received it at least a week before the 21st November build date! Either Humax are post dating software or the units are able to automatically download software and update themselves as my Foxsat HDR did.

| Sat 16 Dec 2017 10:57:31 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

HughA - 3 hours ago  » 
    Either Humax are post dating software or the units are able to automatically download software and update themselves as my Foxsat HDR did.

Yes of course it auto updates (nprmally via the Internet rather than OTA) although I thought there was normally a warning message before installation. I am slightly puzzled that you were surprised.

| Sat 16 Dec 2017 14:34:39 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

HughA

I was suprised as Barry only mentioned how to get it by using "Check New Software" from System Settings. I've been away from home for a few days so it is quite possible that the update happened then.

| Sat 16 Dec 2017 14:49:35 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.