My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

New User How to use media share on 1010s

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

garyb

Click on control panel, type network in search box and under network and sharing center, click view network computers and devices. Then do you see anything under media devices?

If not then make sure you have turned on network discovery.

or try

open windows media player click on stream and then more streaming options then click on choose homegroup and sharing options now look at the setting you have available.

Could just be something you have missed or we have missed.

Hopefully someone will point you in the right direction but that's all i can think of.

| Mon 21 Oct 2013 7:34:25 #11 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

And in the network and sharing centre check that you LAN is shown as "Home Network" and NOT "Public".

| Mon 21 Oct 2013 10:26:58 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

redcalibra

Hi garyb and repassac, all your kind recommendations I have done but to no avail, my laptop refuses to let me turn on network discovery for some reason will not accept the changes, However when I have xbmc running on the main pc the pc music and video show up straight away.

| Tue 22 Oct 2013 13:55:07 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

redcalibra

Many thanks to all, all fixed but had to reformat my pc to finally get things to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What a b..........., never mind thanks to all for all your great advice without it I could not have done it.

| Tue 22 Oct 2013 23:57:46 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.