Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Thank you for that info.

| Sat 26 Apr 2014 7:20:43 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lindberg146

Gooday epicure_2002

As you may note from the foregoing we share a similar location I am sth shore of lake and with aid of large binoculars am able to view down RWY36 at Lausanne-la Blecherette LSGL.

You make reference to single LNB, is anyone willing to specify appropriate type/manufacture/model of potentially suitable
    quality LNB?

You may also note my earlier comment in respect to the confidence invoked by consultation with the local high street "expert" and sage which had initially caused some concern.

I have received information in respect to an alternative "expert" with whom I have yet to have dialogue but if rumour is to be believed they are considered competent.

However,as earlier stated being a"shared"1.0m dish it is inappropriate to tinker.

My thanks to responders and BeST regards

| Sat 26 Apr 2014 18:21:12 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lindberg146

Dear Forum
    The alternative "expert arrived today to "survey" the job & appeared to be knowledgeable and confident (name of Fred.....never met a Frenchman of that name before ..well it's easy to remember and pronounce)

Fred advises me that the current dish already receives from 2 satellites hot bird and astra 1 but can not accept another LNB for Astra 2e so another 60cm dish required.

What was curious which I have reflected upon after he left ...maybe I didn't fully comprehend...
    i understood him to say currently astra at 28.2e in not providing much other than BBC world news and A.N Other channel ..................can any one confirm this ? I realise local topography has it's influence for reception but I understood freest transmissions were reasonably substantial in content.

If BBC world news +1 is the only offering VPN looks favourable.

Regards

| Mon 28 Apr 2014 17:22:50 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pretty well all the UK PSB transmissions are now transmitted from two new satellites (Astra 2E and 2F) using transponders which have very tight UK spot beams. This makes them very hard to get in the extreme South ), mainly Spain and Portugal.

This means that for many expats the only channels they can now view are those transmitted on pan European wide band transponders.

If you look at the list here and you are in a location affected by the above then reception of any channels located on Astra 2E or Astra 2F may require a very large dish (if possible at all)

http://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

Unless you happen to live very close to a very large obstruction to the South then local topography will not be an issue.

| Mon 28 Apr 2014 17:55:33 #14 |
  5. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

HD category now under 'List' in the Guide.

As part of Freesat's on-going commitment to deliver our great line-up of 11 subscription free HD channels, a dedicated HD category has been added to the channel category list, making it easier for you to find out what to watch in HD.

If you have got a Freetime box, select 'list' on your remote control when you're in the TV Guide to see the list of channel genres.

If you don't have a Freetime box, you'll see 'HD' included in the list of categories when you open the TV Guide.

| Tue 29 Apr 2014 12:58:06 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Now if the LIST key on the R/C took you direct into LIST on the screen...nah, too obvious.

| Tue 29 Apr 2014 15:56:48 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.