My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Newbie needs storage help please

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

dino - 30 minutes ago  » 
    Extracted from the review at theregister.co.uk
    "Rather hidden away under the Humax label on the Home screen is the box’s section for playing multimedia from USB (or copies moved to HDD) and shared DLNA devices, plus web services such as Flickr and Picasa (and not much else). The video icon names XVID/AVI as the supported format but it handles a decent range of alternatives too, including WMV, TS, MP4, M4V and MKV, though HD video fared better from USB than over the network. For audio files, however, it is just MP3."

Yes it is a DLNA client so you would be playing the files on the Humax where I thought the stated aim was to play them on the( presumably smart) TV?

| Tue 27 Nov 2012 15:35:37 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

Ok, I thought the aim was to put the files on the PVR and watch them on TV. I must have misunderstood.

| Tue 27 Nov 2012 17:26:29 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

dino - 12 minutes ago  » 
    Ok, I thought the aim was to put the files on the PVR and watch them on TV. I must have misunderstood.

Not necessarily, it may equally be me that his misunderstood.

| Tue 27 Nov 2012 17:39:33 #13 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Copying to the (seperate) user space (not that you would know this unless you has replaced the HD) on the HDR-1000S is also a possibility - however what is not known is that is the available space fixed or dynamic - My guess is fixed.

| Tue 27 Nov 2012 19:52:33 #14 |
  5. moose

moose

You are correct Dino, i want the media files stored local on the 1000s and be able to play them on my non-smart Panasonic Plasma.
    I also noticed today there is no internet radio in the Humax portal, is tech not supposed to move on rather than back?
    How would i get the files from USB HDD to the PVR's drive and how would i then navigate them?

| Tue 27 Nov 2012 21:10:35 #15 |
  6. moose

moose

Sorted the transfer issue now, not sure why the copy option wasn't there to start with.
    But no internet radio? Really?

| Tue 27 Nov 2012 21:20:18 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.