My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

No App yet is download possible?

(20 posts)
  1. GordyBoy

GordyBoy

As the App is seemingly unlikely in the near future is there any way of downloading SD content from the Aura to my PC.

Humax support said this is possible with "Plex"?? but I'm not computer savvy enough to know if this works - let alone install it - any one any ideas?

| Tue 8 Dec 2020 17:53:12 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

GordyBoy - 3 mins ago  » 
    As the App is seemingly unlikely in the near future is there any way of downloading SD content from the Aura to my PC.
    Humax support said this is possible with "Plex"?? but I'm not computer savvy enough to know if this works - let alone install it - any one any ideas?

Installing plex is easy. Open the playstore app on your Aura. Find plex and click on install.

If you have a windows 10 PC. You can install plex on that as well.

You need to get a free plex account using your e-mail address and create a password. Once you have a plex account you can link the plex accounts on both devices.

Otherwise you will have to wait till the Aura app appears on playstore on a android or ios device.

I can view video and photos stored on my PC on the aura using Plex.

Plex is a upnp/DLNA server and client. Content stored on your windows 10 computer can be seen in the aura plex app and played back.

If I remember correctly if you download a recording to your PC and install VLC it will play back the video from the downloads folder.

| Tue 8 Dec 2020 18:05:32 #2 |
  3. GordyBoy

GordyBoy

I've downloaded Plex on my Aura and on my Dell Laptop. When I open Plex on the PC it says download Plex Media Server on the device where you store your media. I get the same thing on my TV but how do I download the Media Server on my TV. I can get to all the preferences but can't actually get to the Aura although Plex can see it and asks if I want to change the name of my Aura - do I need to change this to access my Aura?

| Tue 8 Dec 2020 19:51:30 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

GordyBoy - 26 mins ago  » 
    I've downloaded Plex on my Aura and on my Dell Laptop. When I open Plex on the PC it says download Plex Media Server on the device where you store your media. I get the same thing on my TV but how do I download the Media Server on my TV. I can get to all the preferences but can't actually get to the Aura although Plex can see it and asks if I want to change the name of my Aura - do I need to change this to access my Aura?

You have media files stored on your TV ? How it's just a display. If you have a recording drive on it you cannot view them on anthing else but the TV. If anywhere they will be on your Dell laptop. In whatever location you have set as default for downloaded files to be stored. Aura recordings can be downloaded to a mobile device including a PC. You need media player software to play them. VLC is free and can playback most anything.

You can also drag a media file into Google Chrome window. Google chrome has a cast icon that can cast to the auras built in chromecast.

Tomorrow I will post a more detailed explanation.

In the meantime other than your PC what mobile devices do you have like phones and tablets that connect to your home WiFi network ?

Open netflix in a google chrome window. Find some content and start to play it back. Select the Aura input on your TV so you can see its content. Click the TV screen icon with the rings in the bottom left to the right of the url locator.

You should see the Aura (FVP-4KGTR) chromecast. Click on it you should be watching netflix. If you have not got netflix do the same with Youtube.

| Tue 8 Dec 2020 20:29:02 #4 |
  5. GordyBoy

GordyBoy

I think you may have missed the point, I have recorded TV programmes to my Aura using the Aura Programme guide. I want to download these programmes to my PC. I want to download these to my PC and ultimately an SDXC card to watch on my car's screen while I am waiting in the car park when my wife does the weekly big shop.

I have downloaded plex to my Android phone and can see the files on my Dell Laptop but I cannot see the Aura on my phone.

What do I need to add to my Aura Plex app to enable my PC and phone to see the Aura recorded programmes?

Thanks for all yoir help so far.

This never used to be so difficult with the FVP 4000t and this i supposed to be progress.

| Tue 8 Dec 2020 20:44:20 #5 |
  6. GordyBoy

GordyBoy

Further to the above. All I want to do is download the TV recordings from my Aura to my PC and/or phone.

You say in your post that recordings can be downloaded from the Aura - how?

I really appreciate your help.

| Tue 8 Dec 2020 20:48:43 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

GordyBoy - 4 mins ago  » 
    Further to the above. All I want to do is download the TV recordings from my Aura to my PC and/or phone.
    You say in your post that recordings can be downloaded from the Aura - how?
    I really appreciate your help.

If you click on a recording on the aura recordings list, do you not see a download link ?

I can't get at mine at the moment watching the Royal Variety show.

| Tue 8 Dec 2020 20:55:57 #7 |
  8. GordyBoy

GordyBoy

I've looked for this link but can find nothing. I can find the convert button but even that doesn't display a link after converting.

| Tue 8 Dec 2020 21:31:39 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

GordyBoy - 16 mins ago  » 
    I've looked for this link but can find nothing. I can find the convert button but even that doesn't display a link after converting.

You will have to wait till tomorrow morning

| Tue 8 Dec 2020 21:54:48 #9 |
  10. GordyBoy

GordyBoy

Thanks.

| Tue 8 Dec 2020 22:29:34 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.