My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

No App yet is download possible?

(20 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Here we go.

FVP - Settings - Network and internet - Connected - Make a note of your box IP address it will be similar to mine which is 192.168.1.4

Press recordings - button to the left of apps. Highlight the recording and press the blue (convert) button.

You should see a progress bar it will take a while. In the meantime install VLC player on your laptop.

When complete open a new tab in your browser and type your IP address followed by:8080

eg 192.168.1.4:8080

You should see a screen like the image attached. Click on recording list to generate the other screen image attached. Locate your converted programme and click the down arrow to download the yourprogramme.ts to your downloads folder.

Once complete right click and choose open with vlc. Your programme should playback on your laptop. You can copy the file to other mobile kit like a phone or tablet.

Attachments

1. Recordings_List.jpg (563.1 KB, 20 downloads) 3 years old
    2. login_screen.jpg (225.9 KB, 21 downloads) 3 years old
    | Wed 9 Dec 2020 11:15:24 #11 |
  2. GordyBoy

GordyBoy

You Sir are a true hero.

I wonder why the hell Humax don't bother to mention this in the Aura manual.

Who needs the damn App or Plex anyway.

I can now download and watch the rubbish I record in my car. Thank you again.

Can this be tweaked for the FVP 4000T as its IP address of 168.167.1.180:8080 did not respond?

| Wed 9 Dec 2020 15:21:55 #12 |
  3. GordyBoy

GordyBoy

Files play back on MPC HC brilliantly (an old and discontinued player I know, but it is very good) my favourite video player

| Wed 9 Dec 2020 15:35:38 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

GordyBoy - 22 mins ago  » 
    You Sir are a true hero.
    I wonder why the hell Humax don't bother to mention this in the Aura manual.
    Who needs the damn App or Plex anyway.
    I can now download and watch the rubbish I record in my car. Thank you again.
    Can this be tweaked for the FVP 4000T as its IP address of 168.167.1.180:8080 did not respond?

It's more of a developers option. Clearly Humax expect non techy owners to use the aura app.

I doubt the 5000T has the built in option to export recordings. You would need to go back to a HDR-FOX-T2 to do that. Two of these can view each others recordings even HD.

| Wed 9 Dec 2020 15:48:19 #14 |
  5. GordyBoy

GordyBoy

They may well expect non-techy users to use the App but even the most non-techy bod can't use what doesn't b****y well exist. Humax are losing a lot of fane here - me included.

Thanks again for your help.

| Wed 9 Dec 2020 15:57:37 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

grahamlthompson - 9 hours ago  » 
    I doubt the 5000T has the built in option to export recordings.

On an FVP-5000T you can transfer SD recordings and remove encryption over the network to a Windows 8 or later computer and then copy the recordings to anywhere you like.

| Thu 10 Dec 2020 1:37:24 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

MickO

Plex?
    Jellyfin, This is the Way.
    https://jellyfin.org/

| Thu 10 Dec 2020 2:46:06 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

Don't know why I hadn't twigged that logging in via a browser should be possible earlier!

Pretty impressed that I could stream live TV from my box to my phone over 4g (if I so wanted to!) by port forwarding through my router to the Aura just going through the browser. Didn't stop to check the quality for fear of burning through my data allowance, but worked in principle.

Still hopeful of the app being available later this month, though no sign yet, but if the basic functionality is already there on the box to stream and to download then the app should be fairly straightforward.

Shame there isn't an easy to use way to schedule recordings via the browser there, though I do know I can do that via the Humax website if I so wished.

| Thu 10 Dec 2020 15:09:41 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

PaulG

grahamlthompson - 2 weeks ago  » 
    Here we go.
    FVP - Settings - Network and internet - Connected - Make a note of your box IP address it will be similar to mine which is 192.168.1.4
    Press recordings - button to the left of apps. Highlight the recording and press the blue (convert) button.
    You should see a progress bar it will take a while. In the meantime install VLC player on your laptop.
    When complete open a new tab in your browser and type your IP address followed by:8080
    You should see a screen like the image attached. Click on recording list to generate the other screen image attached. Locate your converted programme and click the down arrow to download the yourprogramme.ts to your downloads folder.
    Once complete right click and choose open with vlc. Your programme should playback on your laptop. You can copy the file to other mobile kit like a phone or tablet.

Hi Graham,
    I'm new to the forum and I've just bought an Aura.
    This excellent and just what I wanted to do.
    Thanks

| Sat 26 Dec 2020 11:59:01 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

PaulG - 1 hour ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 2 weeks ago  » 
    Here we go.

Hi Graham,
    I'm new to the forum and I've just bought an Aura.
    This excellent and just what I wanted to do.
    Thanks

Welcome

| Sat 26 Dec 2020 13:27:11 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.