My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

No display lights on front of box.

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

buywoodcrafts

Hi'
    No idea why but the front display on my freesat box has no indication of what the box is actually doing, like when its recording i have no way of knowing this and its very annoying. i think this happened after the last software update, But i can't confirm that.

I've included my system information in a pic attached to this post.

Any help to get the front panel indication led's to show again would be appreciated.

Kind Regards
    Simon

Attachments

1. humaxinfo1.jpg (74.8 KB, 5 downloads) 8 years old
    | Thu 2 Jul 2015 12:29:55 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Simon

It is as a result of the last update, engineers have been asked to look into and produce a fix for future update.

| Thu 2 Jul 2015 12:48:47 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

buywoodcrafts

That's good to know its not me then thanks for replying and i will keep my eye open for a fix, hopefully soon.

Kind Regards
    Simon

| Thu 2 Jul 2015 13:13:49 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

festus

I had the same question & with the discussions on this forum successfully reverted back to the previous firmware version & got the icons back. Some posters aren't bothered about the icons but I check the green recording icon when the unit was in standby & find it useful. I believe Humax & Freesat are looking in to the problem & will fix with a future update.

| Thu 2 Jul 2015 16:07:51 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

buywoodcrafts

festus - 4 hours ago  » 
    successfully reverted back to the previous firmware version & got the icons back.

I check the green recording icon when the unit was in standby & find it useful.

i came from the sky+ HD and it was so easy to see if 1 of my progs were recording so i guess i just got use to the reinsurance that it was recording, So i think i will look into reverting back to a previous firmware version.

| Thu 2 Jul 2015 20:20:16 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

festus - 17 hours ago  » 
    I had the same question & with the discussions on this forum successfully reverted back to the previous firmware version & got the icons back. Some posters aren't bothered about the icons but I check the green recording icon when the unit was in standby & find it useful. I believe Humax & Freesat are looking in to the problem & will fix with a future update.

It's not a case of being bothered, we just couldn't see them!

| Fri 3 Jul 2015 9:16:11 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

buywoodcrafts - 12 hours ago  » 

festus - 4 hours ago  » 
    successfully reverted back to the previous firmware version & got the icons back.

i came from the sky+ HD and it was so easy to see if 1 of my progs were recording so i guess i just got use to the reinsurance that it was recording, So i think i will look into reverting back to a previous firmware version.

You need to learn to trust it. I can see why coming from Sky you might be distrustful. However, my box is around 2 years old, is used every single day and I have only had one failed record in that time, and even that was a planner error.

I fully expect the box to go tits up now I have written this.

| Fri 3 Jul 2015 9:20:25 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Faust - 1 hour ago  » 
    It's not a case of being bothered, we just couldn't see them!

"no chance of ever reading them so no loss for me."

Well it did sound like you weren't that bothered , and you weren't that bothered because you couldn't see them.

If it's more complicated than that then let us know. If not then maybe we could more on and those of us with the visual acuity to make use of them can roll back or wait for their return.

| Fri 3 Jul 2015 10:22:33 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

buywoodcrafts

Faust - 1 day ago  » 

festus - 4 hours ago  » 

You need to learn to trust it. I can see why coming from Sky you might be distrustful. However, my box is around 2 years old, is used every single day and I have only had one failed record in that time, and even that was a planner error.

I don't trust the box at all. its missed recordings and often stops the recording before the program has ended leaving me to go online and find the on demand replay.

also them display lights are a part of this box so to just not have them working would have been a none sale if i brought it from a shop i would return it.

its not just having reinsurance that a prog is recording it also lets me know if i actually did press the record button or not, so should i press it again or that would stop it? if i did press it again? it would be so easy if i could see a display even if i could not read it i would still see a green light in the rec led location.

if i could turn back time i would not have got this box, even the "freetime" sucks and i end up using my PC or my smart tv to get online replays/demand/anytime/freetime.

If anyone has a recommendation on a good freesat box i would like to know and will put this one on ebay.

Kind Regards
    Simon

| Sat 4 Jul 2015 11:29:34 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

buywoodcrafts - 2 hours ago  » 

Faust - 1 day ago  » 

festus - 4 hours ago  » 

I don't trust the box at all. its missed recordings and often stops the recording before the program has ended leaving me to go online and find the on demand replay.
    also them display lights are a part of this box so to just not have them working would have been a none sale if i brought it from a shop i would return it.
    its not just having reinsurance that a prog is recording it also lets me know if i actually did press the record button or not, so should i press it again or that would stop it? if i did press it again? it would be so easy if i could see a display even if i could not read it i would still see a green light in the rec led location.
    if i could turn back time i would not have got this box, even the "freetime" sucks and i end up using my PC or my smart tv to get online replays/demand/anytime/freetime.
    If anyone has a recommendation on a good freesat box i would like to know and will put this one on ebay.
    Kind Regards
    Simon

If the boxes is on pressing recordings - most recent will tell you what is currently recording with no magnifying glass required.

| Sat 4 Jul 2015 14:17:25 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.