My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

No display lights on front of box.

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I simply cannot fathom why people have all these problems with PVRs - it's just beyond my experience. We own the 1000s the 2000T and the Panasonic HWT 120 and all are what I refer to as 'set and forget' appliances.

Do they record when I want them too - yes.
    Do they fail to record programmes - an absolute rarity usually down to the broadcaster.
    Do I need a comfort blanket in the guise of tiny little icons - no.

What else is there to say? Perhaps people tinker when they shouldn't is the only thing I can think of.

| Sat 4 Jul 2015 14:45:28 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

festus

We didn't tinker we were just curious as to why the icons had disappeared as we've said some of us use them. Oh the inquisition goes on.

| Sat 4 Jul 2015 17:30:07 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

festus - 17 hours ago  » 
    We didn't tinker we were just curious as to why the icons had disappeared as we've said some of us use them. Oh the inquisition goes on.

I wasn't refering to the icons, more to the fact people have all these other issues. Computer forums are the same, again I am left bemused.

I have been using computers since 3.1 and I could count on the fingers of one hand the times my machines have suffered a BSOD. On each of those occasions it was usually because I had either done something wrong in a command line or done something beyond by capabilities. Rarely was the machine to blame.

I often fix computers for friends and work colleagues who swear they haven't been messing around and yet the evidence points to the fact that is exactly what they have been doing.

My advice to people when or if I manage to get their machines running again is the same as American Police departments love to say - 'step away'.

| Sun 5 Jul 2015 11:22:05 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

buywoodcrafts

Faust - 27 minutes ago  » 

festus - 17 hours ago  » 

I wasn't refering to the icons, more to the fact people have all these other issues. Computer forums are the same, again I am left bemused.
    I have been using computers since 3.1 and I could count on the fingers of one hand the times my machines have suffered a BSOD. On each of those occasions it was usually because I had either done something wrong in a command line or done something beyond by capabilities. Rarely was the machine to blame.
    I often fix computers for friends and work colleagues who swear they haven't been messing around and yet the evidence points to the fact that is exactly what they have been doing.
    My advice to people when or if I manage to get their machines running again is the same as American Police departments love to say - 'step away'.

I made this very computer myself cpu i7 4770k, GPU GTX780, Ram 16Gb DDR3 1600mhz, PSU 650w branded, MB Z87M-Plus. i then installed win 7 ultimate. and it runs over 3 monitors at a rez of 5700 x 1080 its for sim racing and i built this pc over 2 years ago to replace my old rig that i also made, I've not had any BSOD either, I don't see how any of this is related to me loosing my icons on my freesat box, i don't write firmware codes, but i want them icons back and that is why i asked here.

| Sun 5 Jul 2015 12:06:59 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

We need to move on from icons and wireless issues. We don't need the icons and there is an alternative to wireless whilst Humax/Freesat work on sorting out the problems.

Let's face it most of the wireless issues surround people who are not willing to pay for the genuine article.

My 2000T doesn't have a display of any sort relying on the ability of the owner to differentiate between shades of red!

| Mon 6 Jul 2015 11:33:02 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

buywoodcrafts

Well i had a Humax freeview 160gb about 5 years ago and it was blimmin fantastic it had PIP and it only had 2 tuners but i could record 2 programs and watch a 3rd channel, but i moved to a newer humax freeview 1Tb HD box and it didn't have anywhere near the same level of usability, i lost the PIP and that was a very neat feature, i've now moved to yet another humax box but this time freesat and im not impressed at al with humax they seem to be going backwards and i will be putting this box on ebay. im done with humax now. there must be better boxes out there.

| Mon 6 Jul 2015 14:29:52 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

buywoodcrafts

Pros and Cons on this box are as follows

Pros: its a small size box.

Cons:
    1) It often stops recording before the program has finished.
    2) Online content useless and i need to use my smart tv for on demand
    3) no way of seeing what the box is doing other than turning the tv on and going into the menus.
    4) Takes ages to boot and load the guide.
    5) it can not lag less than 3 sec from live tv before it will just jump back to live tv, this is bad for me as i need a 2 sec lag to sink f1 commentary from sky and bbc video.

im going to do a review and look at some better boxes today because this box is not for me and the easy fix on the icons seems a no go.

| Mon 6 Jul 2015 14:41:01 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

buywoodcrafts - 1 hour ago  » 
    Pros and Cons on this box are as follows
    Pros: its a small size box.
    Cons:
    1) It often stops recording before the program has finished.
    2) Online content useless and i need to use my smart tv for on demand
    3) no way of seeing what the box is doing other than turning the tv on and going into the menus.
    4) Takes ages to boot and load the guide.
    5) it can not lag less than 3 sec from live tv before it will just jump back to live tv, this is bad for me as i need a 2 sec lag to sink f1 commentary from sky and bbc video.
    im going to do a review and look at some better boxes today because this box is not for me and the easy fix on the icons seems a no go.

Do let us all know how you get on as you have the best and you're now going to look at the rest. I expect it will get snapped up on ebay.

| Mon 6 Jul 2015 16:43:06 #18 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.