My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

No FIND function

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

PhilG

I have recently purchase the Humax Aura, previously having used the Humax HDR 2000.
    At the moment, everything seems to work well. But I have noticed that the Aura does not have a FIND function. If you are an established Humax owner of an older model, you may know what I am referring to. It is a function that enables you to find program content on the TV guide for the week ahead on all the freeview channels. I personally found this function very useful, but I am disappointed that the all new singing and dancing Aura does not have this facility. I did contact the Humax support, and was told that It is currently not supported, but may be included in a future update. Has any body else noticed this omission, or am I on my own?

| Mon 14 Jun 2021 13:54:59 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

PhilG - 34 mins ago  » 
    I have recently purchase the Humax Aura, previously having used the Humax HDR 2000.
    At the moment, everything seems to work well. But I have noticed that the Aura does not have a FIND function. If you are an established Humax owner of an older model, you may know what I am referring to. It is a function that enables you to find program content on the TV guide for the week ahead on all the freeview channels. I personally found this function very useful, but I am disappointed that the all new singing and dancing Aura does not have this facility. I did contact the Humax support, and was told that It is currently not supported, but may be included in a future update. Has any body else noticed this omission, or am I on my own?

Magnifying glass top left corner of central remote area left hand side of button marked guide.

Searches on demand epg and recordings actually on the hard drive.

| Mon 14 Jun 2021 14:32:15 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

That's pretty poor support from Humax!

| Mon 14 Jun 2021 15:03:59 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

SSThing - 6 hours ago  » 

What is poor support ? The OP never said he asked Humax support for help

He said incorrectly the Aura lacks a search facility, a totally false assumption.

The magnifying glass is a very common icon for search across multiple makes. Just like the square icon is stop playback. Many of these date back to vcr controls.

Basically RTFM

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/user-manual-3

Page 38 Smart Search refers

| Mon 14 Jun 2021 21:33:57 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

grahamlthompson - 22 mins ago  » 

SSThing - 6 hours ago  » 

What? To quote the OPs post "I did contact the Humax support, and was told that It is currently not supported, but may be included in a future update." You even included that text in the quote in your reply.

| Mon 14 Jun 2021 21:58:53 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Martin Liddle - 11 mins ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 22 mins ago  » 

SSThing - 6 hours ago  » 

What? To quote the OPs post "I did contact the Humax support, and was told that It is currently not supported, but may be included in a future update." You even included that text in the quote in your reply.

No date as to when the question was asked. Anyone reading the the public beta threads should be aware the enhanced feature search was added, the link to the pdf does include the search capability.

However why the op did not try the obvious key I have no idea.

| Mon 14 Jun 2021 22:13:37 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    No date as to when the question was asked.

The OP said "I have recently purchased the Humax Aura" so I assume he asked the question recently.

Anyone reading the the public beta threads should be aware the enhanced feature search was added,

The OP is a new user who didn't post his question in the beta thread.

| Mon 14 Jun 2021 23:29:17 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

macaronipie

grahamlthompson - 9 hours ago  » 

SSThing - 6 hours ago  » 

He said incorrectly the Aura lacks a search facility, a totally false assumption.
    The magnifying glass is a very common icon for search across multiple makes. Just like the square icon is stop playback. Many of these date back to vcr controls.
    Basically RTFM
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/user-manual-3
    Page 38 Smart Search refers

Go back to the OPs first post and he does say that they contacted Humax support and was told this facility was not yet supported.

"I did contact the Humax support, and was told that It is currently not supported, but may be included in a future update"

Presumably the Humax support representative didn't understand this simple enquiry.

| Tue 15 Jun 2021 6:48:54 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

In other words....
    PhilG has purchased a new Aura that may well be several months behind in regards to the installed firmware, the manual in the box (probably) indicates that the search facility exists but when attempting to use it, it doesn't work. PhilG being a brand new member has no idea that a beta test scheme is in place so has no access to the firmware that has activated the search. PhilG may well not have received any updates yet at all, so even if the search is available in the latest public firmware, he won't know. He asked Humax (obviously very recently) who then told him that the facility is "currently not supported, but may be included in a future update."
    This isn't a case of someone not RTFM, it's someone contacting Humax directly and being given duff information.
    That clearly demonstrates a very poor understanding of the firmware status by Humax tech support... No ifs, no buts..

| Tue 15 Jun 2021 7:01:41 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

PhilG

Seeing the comments in reply to my inquiry, I am a little surprised to level
    of criticism here, not just at me but others too. Firstly, Thank you grahamlthompson for pointing out the Magnifying glass button, that was precisely what I was looking for, and solved the problem immediately. And yes I feel a bit foolish in not seeing the obvious, but sometimes we all do silly things, and if you are one of those people who never do, then you are certainly very lucky indeed. Perhaps too I was a bit naive, to believe what I was told by the Humax support person, but when I was informed that the feature was not supported, I mentally gave up trying to solve the problem. I then looked towards the Forum website, where I thought you guys would know about upcoming updates, and also recognise my incorrect assumption of the unsupported feature. Just to clear up a minor point, I made the post yesterday(14th June) and have only had the Aura for the last 8 days. But so far, I am pleased with the performance.
    Thanks again to all concerned in getting my issue resolved.

| Tue 15 Jun 2021 8:42:53 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.