My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

No H3 to FVP5000T 2TB for multi room

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Katy2021

Hi. I am replacing Sky HD Box and 2 Magic Eyes across 2 other rooms. I have been researching Humax FVP5000T 2TB as an alternative. I had wanted to pair an H3 Espresso with it, in at least one room, and possibly an additional H3 box if it worked. But I see the H3 has virtually been taken off the market and been poorly rated. I've found The Aura is not compatible with H3.

So, I'd like some advice please, if possible. I really would like to be able to watch what I've recorded on the lounge box, on the kitchen TV.

If the H3 replacement is unlikely any time soon, could I sensibly split the HDMI signal from FVP5000T and run an outside cable from the lounge box to the kitchen TV? Tho my perception is that FVP5000T is unexciting and rather old technology. And hope that H3 Espresso replacement may emerge in the future, for my second room, and/or eventually replace the split HDMI signal in the lounge main box?

Or, choose the Aura, and forget about a future H3 Espresso replacement. And split the HDMI signal via cable between lounge and kitchen?

Or is there another alternative, please? Disappointing that Humax don't seem to have built on and improved what were good products. I appreciate your time with any advice. Thanks, Katy

| Wed 8 Dec 2021 18:25:52 #1 |
  2. Mars

Mars

special member

If the kitchen TV is a smart TV (with an Internet connection) that supports DLNA then you would be able to play recordings from the Aura on the Kitchen TV. It is not perfect but it works.

| Thu 9 Dec 2021 13:44:03 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

My experience with the H3 was woeful, great when it worked but mostly it didn't. It's hard to know whether the issue was the H3 or the 4000t/5000t?
    I have suggested this as a solution before but I don't know if anyone has tried this:-
    Humax Aura.
    Cheap Android media box with the Aura app installed in the 2nd location. My thinking is that if a mobile device can stream recordings using the app, there's no reason why a media box can't.
    Anyone have any thoughts?

| Thu 9 Dec 2021 15:01:31 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

See my post in the FVP4000T forum.

I got an HDMI extender kit which used flat Cat 6 Ethernet cable to transmit the HDMI to the other room, and had an IR receiver I mounted on the screen to pick up the remote control signal, and an IR transmitter I mounted close to the Humax. I could then fully control the Humax from the second room.

I used an HDMI switch to switch between sending the signal to the local or remote TV.

I got it on Ebay for about £30.

The flat Ethernet cable was great as i could run it hidden at the carpet edge and even under the carpet.

| Thu 9 Dec 2021 17:32:44 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Katy2021

Thanks Mars for the suggestion, yes the kitchen TV is a smart TV

| Thu 9 Dec 2021 22:24:45 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Katy2021

Thanks JohnH77 for the suggestion. I do have a TROND transmitter and receiver, so I wonder if this would do. I'll have to look into it more closely before I get an HDMI extender and switch.

If only the H3 Espresso actually worked this wouldn't be such a problem.

Thanks for all suggestions.

| Thu 9 Dec 2021 22:33:36 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Katy2021

Thanks for your thoughts SSThing, an interesting idea. Wonder if anyone has tried it out yet and can feedback. But thanks.

| Thu 9 Dec 2021 22:37:47 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.