My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

no or bad signal & channel is unavailable

(61 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

luca10

Hello

Attached are 2 pics of my satellite dish. Its located reasonably close to my HUMAX unit & tv outside & parallel to these via a double glazed window. I took the pics from my window. I could access the dish with a ladder outside once my broken toe heals. What are thinking re access to the dish?

I meant re zone 2 is that I live in the London underground zone 2 for fares. London is divided into 6 zones. Zone 6 being heathrow & zone 1 central London. My post code is SE5 0PW so coverage should be fine.

I heard people saying a software update is required by leaving my HUMAX unit in standby overnight? I always turn off the standby button (pic attached) here nightly but never turn off the mains power at the back of the unit. The diagnostics pic attached states the last update date was 27/7/12? Is this correct?

I entered 805 on the tv & with the attached diagnostic pic like you said graham. Note the strength & quality moves up and down by 10% intervals around every 30 seconds Mostly hovering at quality of 100% & strength at 90% for tuner 1 & tuner 2. Strength did dip to 90% & quality to 80% briefly but then quickly changed upwards.

Also, per the attached pic my current “transponder” states ALL. I assume this default setting of ALL should be like this – let me know.

Would be good to have all radio & TV stations working. If not, if I just got good reception on radio stations 726, 732 & 733 I would be happy.

Let me know your advice. Thanks for all your help to date.

Attachments

1. IMG_4402.jpg (72.1 KB, 1 downloads) 5 years old
    2. IMG_4401.jpg (78.9 KB, 1 downloads) 5 years old
    3. IMG_4400.jpg (45 KB, 1 downloads) 5 years old
    4. IMG_4399.jpg (31.4 KB, 0 downloads) 5 years old
    5. IMG_4398.jpg (29.6 KB, 1 downloads) 5 years old
    | Sun 28 Oct 2018 11:13:26 #21 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

luca10 - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Hello
    Attached are 2 pics of my satellite dish. Its located reasonably close to my HUMAX unit & tv outside & parallel to these via a double glazed window. I took the pics from my window. I could access the dish with a ladder outside once my broken toe heals. What are thinking re access to the dish?
    I meant re zone 2 is that I live in the London underground zone 2 for fares. London is divided into 6 zones. Zone 6 being heathrow & zone 1 central London. My post code is SE5 0PW so coverage should be fine.
    I heard people saying a software update is required by leaving my HUMAX unit in standby overnight? I always turn off the standby button (pic attached) here nightly but never turn off the mains power at the back of the unit. The diagnostics pic attached states the last update date was 27/7/12? Is this correct?
    I entered 805 on the tv & with the attached diagnostic pic like you said graham. Note the strength & quality moves up and down by 10% intervals around every 30 seconds Mostly hovering at quality of 100% & strength at 90% for tuner 1 & tuner 2. Strength did dip to 90% & quality to 80% briefly but then quickly changed upwards.
    Also, per the attached pic my current “transponder” states ALL. I assume this default setting of ALL should be like this – let me know.
    Would be good to have all radio & TV stations working. If not, if I just got good reception on radio stations 726, 732 & 733 I would be happy.

Not sure why you keep using the manual tune options, it's not needed.

To look at the signal diagnostics for a specific transponder you just have to switch to a channel carried on that transponder. You have already posted that channel 850 works. Simply switch to it by entering 850 on the remote. Now that you are viewing 850 simply bring up the signal diagnostics page. Menu - System - Diagnostics

Having done that for 850 repeat the other list of channels posted.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/no-or-bad-signal-channel-is-unavailable/page/3?quote=69108#postform

Best guess so far is that you have water in the coax cabling. Turn off the box and get access to the dish. Pull down the lnb rain screen to expose the f connectors. Unscrew each in turn (11mm spanner).

Inspect the cable ends carefully for corrossion and damp. If you have water you will need to replace the coax cabling.

| Sun 28 Oct 2018 11:25:27 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

luca10

Hi Graham. I assume your msg above when you state 850, you meant TV channel 805? Its a typo? I have no TV channel 850. The above diagnostic pic re tuner 1 & 2 was the result of entering tv channel 805 into the remote.

| Sun 28 Oct 2018 11:38:00 #23 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I think Graham did mean 805 as there is no 850.

From your dish picture it is not easy to see what skew (twist) the LNB is set to. It should be 13.2 degrees or about 28 minutes to the hour on your watch.

| Sun 28 Oct 2018 12:13:22 #25 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 57 minutes ago  » 

luca10 - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Hello

Not sure why you keep using the manual tune options, it's not needed.
    To look at the signal diagnostics for a specific transponder you just have to switch to a channel carried on that transponder. You have already posted that channel 850 works. Simply switch to it by entering 850 on the remote. Now that you are viewing 850 simply bring up the signal diagnostics page. Menu - System - Diagnostics
    Having done that for 850 repeat the other list of channels posted.
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/no-or-bad-signal-channel-is-unavailable/page/3?quote=69108#postform
    Best guess so far is that you have water in the coax cabling. Turn off the box and get access to the dish. Pull down the lnb rain screen to expose the f connectors. Unscrew each in turn (11mm spanner).
    Inspect the cable ends carefully for corrossion and damp. If you have water you will need to replace the coax cabling.

Getting punch drunk - Your post 13

171 no or bad signal
    719 no or bad signal/currently not available or scrambled
    720 no or bad signal/currently not available or scrambled
    721 currently not available or scrambled
    722 currently not available or scrambled
    723 no or bad signal
    730 no or bad signal
    732 no or bad signal
    750 works fine
    751 works fine
    752 works fine
    753 works fine
    805 works fine
    814 no or bad signal
    817 no or bad signal

So far you haven't posted a picture of diagnostics when actually tuned to 805 is on the transponder you are having problems (11426 V) with some of the radio and TV channels it carries. You shouldn't be even using the manual tune screen, the all refers to what tramnsponders to include in a non freesat channel scan. The screen you need which shows the figures for the currently used transponder is Menu - System Diagnostics. I have attached a photo in the following post

You should easily be able to get 100% quality on both tuners The signal strength may be a bit lower than 100%

How did you get on with the other channels ?

| Sun 28 Oct 2018 12:23:23 #26 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

This is the screen you should see when tuned to 805

Attachments

1. 805-Diagnostics.jpg (104.6 KB, 2 downloads) 5 years old
    | Sun 28 Oct 2018 12:39:01 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

luca10

Hi Graham

Thanks for your patience & postings.

Have attached 4 diagnostics reports for working TV channel 805 & for the 3 radio stations with bad receptions 726, 732 & 733. I not phased about the other channels not working posted above as I only want to restore the functionality to my 3 favourite radio stations 726, 732 & 733. Let me know your advice & what to do next please.

I note you suggest there may be water in the coax cabling. By the time I bought all the individual cables etc & hire an engineer to install as I am not technical it might be easier in the long run to by a new satellite dish for £99.99?

Let me your know your thoughts & again thanks for all your advice. Regards

Attachments

1. Diagnostics_Channel_805.jpg (84 KB, 0 downloads) 5 years old
    2. Diagnostics_Channel_733.jpg (82.8 KB, 0 downloads) 5 years old
    3. Diagnostics_Channel_732.jpg (82.1 KB, 0 downloads) 5 years old
    4. Diagnostics_Channel_726.jpg (82.4 KB, 0 downloads) 5 years old
    | Mon 29 Oct 2018 10:01:56 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

luca10

Further to my posting above on 29/10/18:

Note the first pic is for Diagnostics_Channel_726

second pic for Diagnostics_Channel_732

third pic for Diagnostics_Channel_733

4th pic is for Diagnostics_Channel_805.

Diagnostics_Channel_805.jpg (84 KB, 0 downloads)
    jpg Diagnostics_Channel_733.jpg (82.8 KB, 0 downloads)
    jpg Diagnostics_Channel_732.jpg (82.1 KB, 0 downloads)
    jpg Diagnostics_Channel_726.jpg (82.4 KB, 0 downloads)

| Mon 29 Oct 2018 10:06:37 #29 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

luca10 - 4 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Graham
    Thanks for your patience & postings.
    Have attached 4 diagnostics reports for working TV channel 805 & for the 3 radio stations with bad receptions 726, 732 & 733. I not phased about the other channels not working posted above as I only want to restore the functionality to my 3 favourite radio stations 726, 732 & 733. Let me know your advice & what to do next please.
    I note you suggest there may be water in the coax cabling. By the time I bought all the individual cables etc & hire an engineer to install as I am not technical it might be easier in the long run to by a new satellite dish for £99.99?
    Let me your know your thoughts & again thanks for all your advice. Regards

I asked you you to check the other channels because if they are affected it would help to confirm that the issue is likely to be water. Check the connections at the box end as with some types of coax they can act as micro water pipes and introduce water into your box. This of course is likely to totally ruin it.

| Mon 29 Oct 2018 10:09:19 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.