My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

No Programme Information

(21 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Christina2018 - 1 hour ago  » 

Outbackannie - 23 minutes ago  » 
    I’m not sure what you mean by tuning to BBC one HD for 15 to 20 minutes. BBC1 HD is already tuned in.

They mean just leave your humax box on BBC1 HD for 15 to 20 minutes. This often will populate the guide, I have no idea why but it does usually do the trick
    Hope you get the problem sorted out.

Please see prior post #3.

They mean ...

Not me!

grahamlthompson - 31 minutes ago  » 

Luke - 33 minutes ago  » 

Outbackannie - 15 minutes ago »
    I should have mentioned the problem is on ITV HD Ch 103

As others are experiencing the same issue on differnt models and different makes I'd forget about it until tomorrow (some time after 6a.m.).
    By the way is it just today's ITV HD that is missing or is it also missing from the guide for times after 6a.m. tomorrow?

Every multiplex carries the full epg in a round robin for all the channels along with the channels video and audio data. The main 5 HD channels share a single multiplex so tuning to BBC 1 HD should populate all the channels epg after a shortish interval. There might be a issue with the epg data on the multiplex that carries ITV-1. I see you were referring to ITV-HD so guessing the issue must be down to ITV. I will check my FVP-5000T to see if I have the same issue.
    I have no ITV-HD epg from now until 06:00 tommorow so must be a ITV-HD issue.
    It's fine on Freesat so problem is restricted to Freeview

I checked before I posted that this, or similar, was not the case.

| Sun 9 Dec 2018 15:11:17 #11 |
  2. Trev

Trev

special member

grahamlthompson - 55 minutes ago  » 

Perhaps the LG TV has a cached version with historic data it has retained.

That sound possible. I have blocked the internet on it so it isn't coming from there.
    Also you may be looking at a different regional Variant
    All TVs tuned to same transmitter. I only have one 'available'.

| Sun 9 Dec 2018 16:06:12 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Trev - 11 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 55 minutes ago  » 
    Perhaps the LG TV has a cached version with historic data it has retained.

That sound possible. I have blocked the internet on it so it isn't coming from there.

I didn't mean your TV's were might be looking at a different ITV-HD region, rather the one you are using is different to the one that posters in this thread are using.

Also you may be looking at a different regional Variant

All TVs tuned to same transmitter. I only have one 'available'.

| Sun 9 Dec 2018 16:19:13 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

Luke - 2 hours ago  » 

Outbackannie - 23 minutes ago  » 
    I’m not sure what you mean by tuning to BBC one HD for 15 to 20 minutes. BBC1 HD is already tuned in.

They mean just leave your humax box on BBC1 HD for 15 to 20 minutes. This often will populate the guide, I have no idea why but it does usually do the trick
    Hope you get the problem sorted out.

Please see prior post #3.

They mean ...

Not me!

Sorry my mistake For some reason I thought it'd been suggested more than once... I blame my age (I can do that at 33 right?! :-))

| Sun 9 Dec 2018 17:57:55 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

Outbackannie - 2 hours ago  » 
    Just looked & it’s there from 6am tomorrow morning. This isn’t the first time this has happened, I’ve experienced this several times over the last few weeks. Put BBC1 on now in the hope this may help. Thanks for all the replies

Hope it's all working for you again soon.

| Sun 9 Dec 2018 18:00:15 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

7. User has not uploaded an avatar

MIB

Just about to post about this so I'm glad to see I'm not alone in experiencing this problem, not just my Humax box but also my LG Tv and my Dad's Sony TV.

One thing I discovered though is because I couldn't I record a programme on ITV1 HD via timer I had to record it "live" - but when I played it back, instead of starting the recording at the time I hit the record button (18:58pm) it went back in time to start recording at 18:07pm!!

Any reason why it would do this?

| Sun 9 Dec 2018 20:19:47 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

MIB - 7 minutes ago  » 
    Just about to post about this so I'm glad to see I'm not alone in experiencing this problem, not just my Humax box but also my LG Tv and my Dad's Sony TV.
    One thing I discovered though is because I couldn't I record a programme on ITV1 HD via timer I had to record it "live" - but when I played it back, instead of starting the recording at the time I hit the record button (18:58pm) it went back in time to start recording at 18:07pm!!
    Any reason why it would do this?

Likely Because ITV changed the programme running status at 18:07 from nothing to the time they corrected the cock up. The Time Shift buffer would contain content from 18:07

A manual recording would have recorded the live transmission from the tine you specified.

Basically it's GOBI/GOBO. Garbage In/ Garbage Out.

| Sun 9 Dec 2018 20:40:16 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

MIB

Thanks Graham.

So does pressing the red "R" button on my remote control not constitute a manual recording then? (manual was the word I was looking for in my previous post but it wouldn't come to me... :oops:)

At least the problem is fixed now!

| Sun 9 Dec 2018 21:01:39 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

MIB - 1 minute ago  » 
    Thanks Graham.
    So does pressing the red "R" button on my remote control not constitute a manual recording then? (manual was the word I was looking for in my previous post but it wouldn't come to me... :oops:)
    At least the problem is fixed now!

Nope

A manual recording ignores all the automatic codes that clearly failed here,

The box wakes to record at the time you specify and the end time you specify from the channel you specify an-OKd at the repeat frequency you specify (Sadly every weekday is now not an option - (at least you only need to delete two unwatned recordings) Youview box owners with no manual recording options would have had no way to recover the situation.

Set a recording on any programme from the epg.,

FVP - Schedule - + (edit) -Reschedule- OK. Fill in the details. And then OK.

Not surprised you don't know how to do this the procedure is not what you would call intiutaive, i had to turn on my box to figure oot how to do it. However Accurate Recording is normally very reliable except as in this case when a broadcaster screws up. Shame there isn't the same way to get at least some sort of apology as there is with is with mobile services. Perhaps OFCOM should add it to their list. In this case millions of licence payers are likely to be have affected which many may not have internet connected catch up services.

The frustrating part is ITV will ignore this unless someone involves OFCOM and as a result it's likely to happen again. The solution is simple why don't broadcasters have a hotline contactthat bypasses the non technical normal contact that takes around 48hrs from this and other forums that find these sort of issues long before they affect other users,

Moderators - any commments

| Sun 9 Dec 2018 21:41:56 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.