My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

No Signal

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

AngelStars

I have a Humax FVP 4000T, and after a difficult start, all seemed to go well until now! I have error message saying I have no signal but not sure why! Could there be a problem with the HDMI cable or the aeriel itself? I have a Polaroid TV that has built in Freeview so can view tv this way but could this also a problem?

| Sun 29 Oct 2017 11:55:44 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Sounds like an aerial problem, try looking at the aerial cable in the back of the Humax and wiggle it to make sure it as not come lose.
    If you have got it as a loop through example aerial to Humax and then from Humax to TV, then try and reboot the box sometimes that can help.

If you have got a separate aerial feed then as that is where the fault may be.

If none of these work try a retune or a factory reset if all fails.

| Sun 29 Oct 2017 13:56:44 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

It all depends on the specific message.
    If the message says "the receiver is not receiving a signal or the signal is too weak" then the fault may be the aerial or the frequencies the box is tuned into.
    If the message is just "No signal" that would suggest it is a message generated by your TV not the Humax box, suggesting a problem between the box and the TV, such as a loose or damaged/faulty hdmi cable.

| Sun 29 Oct 2017 14:29:20 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

AngelStars

Thank you kindly for your responses. I have an aeriel that is connected at the wall and also on the box. When I unplugged the box and reconnected the aerial and HDMI to the tv itself, I am able to watch built in Freeview without any problem. When I had connected the box up and got no signal showing on the tv, I am unable to get any response from the box's remote control. I am wondering if the hdmi cable was faulty, would it not also effect the built in Freeview?

| Sun 29 Oct 2017 16:51:24 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

AngelStars - 2 hours ago  » 
    Thank you kindly for your responses. I have an aeriel that is connected at the wall and also on the box. When I unplugged the box and reconnected the aerial and HDMI to the tv itself, I am able to watch built in Freeview without any problem. When I had connected the box up and got no signal showing on the tv, I am unable to get any response from the box's remote control. I am wondering if the hdmi cable was faulty, would it not also effect the built in Freeview?

The hdmi cable has nothing to do with your TV using it's own Freeview tuner. All it needs is the aerial. The HDMI cable delivers digital video and audio from the box to the TV. To use it you have to select whatever input on the TV the HDMI cable is connected to. Look for a button the TV remote marked AV or possibly a small TV icon with an arrow pointing in.

| Sun 29 Oct 2017 19:46:33 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Definitely sounds like you have not got your TV on the correct input. As Graham suggested, look for the button marked as he said or it may be labelled input or source. Once you find this just keep pressing it , one press at a time, and it will either bring up an onscreen list of the inputs or will scroll through all your inputs. Stop when you find the Humax.

| Mon 30 Oct 2017 9:47:43 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Increment

Hello I’ve just experienced this same problem and for me at least it’s not as simple as the diagnosed causes and solutions listed here.

It cut out halfway through watching a recording, with the TV saying ‘no signal’.

I’ve tried:
    - unplugging the power cable, leaving a while and plugging back in, to restart it
    - swapping the hdmi cable
    - swapping the port the hdmi cable was plugged into on the tv
    - the same as a above but on a different tv

Also note:
    - I can’t reset the HUMAX as it’s not supplying a signal to the TV to show the menus. I don’t know if there’s a reset option using the physical buttons on the box itself?
    - When turn on the HUMAX the TV turns on (but then just says ‘no signal’)
    - I can still still access recordings on the HUMAX via my home internet network, using its media server function.

It’s out of warranty but I will still try phoning Humax support tomorrow during office hours. Otherwise, any suggestions gratefully received.l!

| Tue 20 Apr 2021 19:14:43 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Before anyone starts responding now to the original poster, that request for advice dates back to 2017.

| Tue 20 Apr 2021 22:28:50 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.