My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

No signal

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Siesta0

Pressac. Thanks for your continued responses. It's just that the Manhattan had no problems. The only thought I had was it might have been more sensitive. It's strange that I'm getting 10714H very strong on the non-"freesat" option. The signal strength for that is shown as 70%, same for quality. Plus 345 channels. I'll let you know how I progress & thanks for the BBC HD info.

| Sun 19 Sep 2021 13:39:55 #11 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

!0714 H is a UK beam transponder - Strange.

After thought:
    If you set it up at a friends make sure you do it with both cables connected, otherwise it will go into single connection mode.

| Sun 19 Sep 2021 14:28:22 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Siesta0

Repassac, thanks for your help. I had a friend allow me to connect to their dish. I managed to get 11428H,27500,2/3, no problem. I set up my box on his dish. Stored the settings and updated the software. I took my stb home and reconnected. Loads of Sky channels 300+, but no 11428H,27500,2/3. So my problem was obviously elsewhere. I checked the lnb by substitution. No change. So my problem may well have been the connecting cable(s). When I pulled the cables out of their protective sleeving. I found the outer pvc covering had mostly disappeared. In some areas the metal outer cable was exposed and even patches of broken outer metal cable. So I replaced the 2 signal cables and the protective sleeving (50 metres each one).
    When I powered up the stb after connecting both signal cables. I entered Freesat mode and checked for
    11428H,27500,2/3. There it appeared. Signal strength good, quality good both cables. So I did a channel search and loaded & saved lots of Freesat channels. All seems to be working well.
    My setup has a 3 metre dish with 2 channel lnb.
    Thanks for your constructive help.

| Mon 11 Oct 2021 13:57:07 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.