My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

No signal

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Siesta0

I wonder if anyone can help me. I live on the Costa Blanca, near a town called Bellus. Postcode 46830. Itself inland from Gandia.
    I have a Humax 1010S, 1Tb, which I recently purchased in UK. I have a motorised 3 metre dish with a twin Invacom universal lnb. My Sky box was working well on horizontal & vertical channels prior to me connecting my 1010. I did a full reset (silly me). I cannot locate any freeview channels. But I can receive both horizontal & vertical non-free view channels. (Numbered in the 5000's). When I do a freeview scan I cannot get a signal to show on the panel. No signal, no quality.
    I cannot receive/show any signal on 11428H,27500,2/3.
    But I have strong signals on 10714H,22000
    11112H, 22000
    11224V
    12441V
    11973V
    11265V
    11464H
    11141H
    I cannot find channel 999.
    I have left the box connected overnight to auto-update, via the overnight option.
    Can I change the overnight frequency update channel?
    How can I get the freeview channels to appear on my box?
    I do have a spare Invacom universal lnb, but as the non freeview channels are appearing I don't think the lnb is a problem.
    I am only using one input at the moment just to avoid confusing my problem.
    On the signal panel I repeatedly get "no signal", "no quality".
    Obviously I'm having trouble with the postcode option.
    I have connected to my LG TV by HDMI.
    I have connected the box via WiFi. I have updated to the latest software.
    Still "no signal" appears.
    Please can someone advise me what I'm doing wrong and help me to get the box up & running on Freeview.
    Thanks in advance.

| Sat 18 Sep 2021 8:08:22 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

As you are receiving channes in the 5000 range I assume unit is in non freesat mode.

Try a factory reset....for postcode only the first part is required so try TW8

Any signal strength/quality then?

| Sat 18 Sep 2021 8:58:58 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

You mention you can receive horizontal & vertical frequencies in non freesat mode.
    The remaining problem is likely to be related to receiving the UK spot beam.

Without be able to receive 11428H,27500,2/3 you will not get past the postcode check.

To get to a starting point do you know anyone that has a similar setup that you could take your unit to to set it up there.

I will mention that Sky have a significant amount of channels on the pan European beam where as freesat the main channels tend to be on the UK spot beam.

One of the H frequencies you mention 10714H is on the UK beam which is strange, can you verify this.

| Sat 18 Sep 2021 9:10:37 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Siesta0

Thank you both Barry and Repassac. I don't have the box connected at this time. I will reconnect it again. On Sunday. I have reverted back to my old Sly box, which continues to provide the free to view channels for me. No problem with the Sly box. I will see in the next few days if I can connect my freeview a friends Sly setup. I think they are using an Invacom universal Lnb to watch Sly channels on a Sly box. I can't verify 10714H reception until I reset the box back up. If I can use a friends setup do I specifically need to use the 11428H,27500,2/3 frequency in order to get past the postcode setup? If I can develop the same signal on my box by my own means on the non-free view option, what will I have to do from the non-free view area? Thanks.

| Sat 18 Sep 2021 21:15:05 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

To avoid any confusion, what you have is nothing to do with Freeview, it is Freesat.

Freeview is only receivable within the UK and a few very limited locations on the French coast near to Kent and the Channel Islands and just over the border with Ulster in the Irish Republic.

| Sat 18 Sep 2021 22:45:00 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

In initial setup a Freesat receiver only looks at frequency 11428 H,27500,2/3 however this may be shown as 11426 on satellite lists and some receivers. If it cannot receive this it will report no signal.

Once tuned it will show whatever it can receive.

| Sun 19 Sep 2021 7:31:58 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Siesta0

Thank you A1944, that was really helpful.
    Repassac. I can confirm I am able to receive 10714H. I get a listing of 373 channels:- 345 TV, 28 radio. That is on the non-"freesat" search.
    I can also confirm that 11428 H,27500,2/3 is listed as that. On a search I get "0". On signal strength I likewise get "no signal" .
    I am almost certain that my problem is down to no 11428 being found. Yet I had until recently a Manhattan "Freesat" box working well until it burnt out. No problems using same cable input. It must have had a more sensitive tuner on the Manhattan.
    I have tried an in-line aerial signal amplifier. But no joy there.
    I did a system reset & on step2of5 I got"searching for satellite signal... Which resulted in signal test:- NO SIGNAL. Qualty:- NO SIGNAL
    So I'll have to "phone a friend". Or even better, take my box to him. I am almost certain that my problem is down to no 11428 being found. Thanks for all comments/help.

| Sun 19 Sep 2021 10:51:02 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Siesta0

Just as an after thought I tried connecting the lnb input to aerial2 input. Same result.
    Thanks.

| Sun 19 Sep 2021 11:04:01 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Siesta0 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I can also confirm that 11428 H,27500,2/3 is listed as that. On a search I get "0". On signal strength I likewise get "no signal" .
    I am almost certain that my problem is down to no 11428 being found. Yet I had until recently a Manhattan "Freesat" box working well until it burnt out. No problems using same cable input. It must have had a more sensitive tuner on the Manhattan.

I would guess that the problem is that the alignment of the dish is not correct to receive from the satellite providing 11428H.

| Sun 19 Sep 2021 12:19:17 #9 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I would be surprised if a Manhattan had a more sensitive tuner, Humax is known for it's sensitive tuners.

My guess it is something to do with channels on the UK spotbeam. If you get it tuned at a friends you may want to check the BBC HD channels there as these employ a transmission setting (FEC) designed to make your (and mine) reception more difficult.

| Sun 19 Sep 2021 13:30:30 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.