1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ebbochops

OK
    FHTCP 1.03.12

Hope this helps

| Wed 19 Jan 2022 19:52:59 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

cwm-Chris

It is normal to suspect everything when somethings not working, but troubleshooting needs to be systematic, I had the "weak or no signal" error message on my Humax FVT 5000T unit, so if it helps anyone here is the simple procedure I followed.
    You need to remember that are are two sources of signal to your box.
    A. Freeview from a normal Type T (for 'total') or Type W (for 'Wideband' aeriel.
    B. The Internet Interactive channels available within your Humax box's wireless or ethernet connections freeview guide page. for things like youtube, netflix etc;
    If you can eliminate which of these sources is to blame it gives you a good place to start.

Please note, If you are say watching netflix for example you will need space available on your system, check your drive space

1. Check the connection between the box and the TV.
    (If its an HDMI cable, Try one you know is working)
    (If its coax or cable connection check the cable connectors at all connection point right back to the aeriel, look for a broken core wire or a stray wire from the shielding touching the core wire, If your aeriel is outside check for signs of water ingress)
    You have now eliminated the cables.
    2. (for internet) If possible connect your box to your wifi router if you think the wifi signal is at fault. If you have thouroughly done step 1 and still have the issue. Check your internet speed. (Most suppliers will refer you here) https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/. But if you know a better way do that.
    If you have done all of this and are still getting a problem You may want to invest in a Aerial signal booster.
    Good luck.

| Tue 3 Oct 2023 19:29:29 #22 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.