My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

No signal

(22 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ebbochops

I recently moved my TV and humax to a new room. The aerial goes to a splitter/booster and I receive a perfect picture on TV. my problem is that I cannot get a picture on Humax recorder. I have checked wiring and aerial lead and they are working fine. On humax I can receive old recorded programs but I cannot receive TV pictures. It tells me there is no signal. HELP

| Sun 16 Jan 2022 6:33:37 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Plug the aerial in.

| Sun 16 Jan 2022 9:34:27 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ebbochops

Done that!

| Sun 16 Jan 2022 10:11:18 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Ebbochops - 4 hours ago  » 
    I recently moved my TV and humax to a new room. The aerial goes to a splitter/booster and I receive a perfect picture on TV. my problem is that I cannot get a picture on Humax recorder. I have checked wiring and aerial lead and they are working fine. On humax I can receive old recorded programs but I cannot receive TV pictures. It tells me there is no signal. HELP

From your description so far, there are a many reason of what could be causing a lack of a live TV picture from the Humax.

Could you describe what sort of Humax recorder that you have and the full description of what you know about which RF leads go where, and from where? It would also help others to help you if you describe what you have attempted, or ruled out, so far.

| Sun 16 Jan 2022 11:46:32 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

If you are saying that your TV displays the Humax picture (so you can view the recordings) but you get a "no signal" message on the Humax when trying view live TV, either you haven't plugged the aerial in correctly or the cable is perhaps damaged (or you have managed to delete the channels). If you are saying that the Humax displays correctly but live TV isn't viewable on the TV, you probably haven't connected the patchlead between the Humax and the TV.
    If you are saying that you are getting no picture from the Humax and the "no signal" message is on the TV, you have almost certainly plugged the hdmi cable into a different port to the one used previously.

| Sun 16 Jan 2022 11:51:05 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ebbochops

The Humax is HDR-FOXC T2

The aerial lead coming from the splitter I plug in to the Antenna in slot , left of rear top slot of two
    Scart goes into Scart
    HDM1 1 goes into HDMI

Am I doing anything wrong there?

I have tried swapping TV and Humax leads which proves that my leads are OK
    I have tried a different splitter - same result

| Mon 17 Jan 2022 10:47:11 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ebbochops

Humax should read HDR-FOX T2

| Mon 17 Jan 2022 10:47:54 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

SSThing - 22 hours ago  » 
    If you are saying that your TV displays the Humax picture (so you can view the recordings) but you get a "no signal" message on the Humax when trying view live TV, either you haven't plugged the aerial in correctly or the cable is perhaps damaged (or you have managed to delete the channels). If you are saying that the Humax displays correctly but live TV isn't viewable on the TV, you probably haven't connected the patchlead between the Humax and the TV.
    If you are saying that you are getting no picture from the Humax and the "no signal" message is on the TV, you have almost certainly plugged the hdmi cable into a different port to the one used previously.

Plus, you don't need a scart and an hdmi lead, it one or the other not both.

My original answer stands.

SSThing - 1 day ago  » 
    Plug the aerial in.

| Mon 17 Jan 2022 10:50:04 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

If you can watch recorded programmes, then the connection between the box and TV is working OK. As said above, you only need the HDMI connection, but that has not stopped it working.

If you look at the channel list with the Humax, can you see them listed?

If not, and you have attempted to retune, if at that time the aerial was incorrectly connected, then the channel details will have been wiped. Only if that is the case, you will need to retune again to get them back.

| Mon 17 Jan 2022 11:18:02 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

bogbody

Time to go back to basics.
    Move the tv and one aerial lead back to the original room.
    Connect up - does it work?
    If no try another lead or tv.
    If yes, take the tv lead back to the new room. Connect up and test.
    Does it work?
    If no - fix the socket and check that it is connected to the tv aerial and is not just a passive feed from the other room. Is the splitter/amp pluged in and powered up?
    If yes - work through the tv/humax connections one by one until you find the problem and fix it.

| Mon 17 Jan 2022 11:20:46 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.