My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

no signal showing

(26 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

glovebox

Just returned from holiday,switched on the tv/box, the box says no signal.(HDR 1000s). Tried disconnecting overnight,swapped cables around it came back up that only one cable connected, even when both unplugged! I played recorded programmes but I noticed the time shown on screen was 1 hr behind time. Tried to factory reset but because no signal being received cannot complete. Switched on again this a.m. time has now corrected itself, but still no signal detected. Is the box kaput!

| Sun 28 Oct 2018 12:07:38 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I would firstly suspect poorly fitted f-connectors. You mention that the time is now correct which implies it did, briefly at least, find a signal.

Unscrew the F connectors and inspect connections which MUST make a electrical circuit with no inner and outer braid of wire touching. Refit the connectors. The F-connectors should be a tight fit. after reconnecting both cables to your Humax see if you get a signal when the installation wizard completes noting how many feeds it reports.

| Sun 28 Oct 2018 12:22:06 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Suspect the clock change caused the 1 hr difference with the OP viewing the time yesterday evening before the clock change correction during the night.

| Sun 28 Oct 2018 12:52:21 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

glovebox

Refitted f connectors all OK.Tried another box and had a signal immediately,I then put the cables back into my box and had the same problem, no signal. My box still says that only one cable connected even when no cables fitted at all!

| Mon 29 Oct 2018 16:31:01 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

glovebox - 1 hour ago  » 
    Refitted f connectors all OK.Tried another box and had a signal immediately,I then put the cables back into my box and had the same problem, no signal. My box still says that only one cable connected even when no cables fitted at all!

With both cables connected and the box booted to give the no signal error

Can you try entering 111 with the remote when the no signal error is displayed. Does that give you ITV-HD and clear the error message ?

| Mon 29 Oct 2018 17:49:36 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

glovebox

Rebooted as you suggest enter 111, still the same,just says no channels available and settings reading as before, only 1 cable connected.

| Mon 29 Oct 2018 18:29:51 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

glovebox - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Rebooted as you suggest enter 111, still the same,just says no channels available and settings reading as before, only 1 cable connected.

Do you know how to get into the manual manual tune option ?

| Mon 29 Oct 2018 18:37:11 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

glovebox

No.

| Mon 29 Oct 2018 18:39:21 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

glovebox - 5 minutes ago  » 
    No.

This will only work if the box isn't recording which I guess yours won't be.

Press the home button and move to STB mode press OK on change to non freesat mode It will likely say no channels are available so just press OK.

Move right to where it says Transponder All - press OK and scroll down the list to locate 11428,H, 27500, 2/3 and press OK Press start channel search. If it doesnt find fashion One. Shut the box down and switch the two cables over.

If neither cable when connected to tuner 1 in can't find Fashion One then the box is unable to receive from the home transponder using tuner 1.

Having found Fashion one exit OK on save channels You should now see Freesat mode highlighted and message to switch to Freesat mode press
    OK. Do not try this unless you have found fashion one with a cable on tuner 1 in.

Press home Locate Settings move right to more and press OK on Freesat channels

Press OK on Channel search enter postcode. Does the Freesat re-tune work ?

| Mon 29 Oct 2018 19:00:32 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

glovebox

Tried,but it would not find Fashion one either way, hence re-tune failed.

The signal info still shows exactly the same,like it is frozen.

| Mon 29 Oct 2018 20:10:46 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.