My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

no signal showing

(26 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

glovebox - 29 minutes ago  » 
    Tried,but it would not find Fashion one either way, hence re-tune failed.
    The signal info still shows exactly the same,like it is frozen.

Have you another satellite receiver, ideally a generic FTA box or even an old Sky-HD box. It doesn't need to be dvb-s2 capable.

| Mon 29 Oct 2018 20:41:59 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

glovebox

Tried another box,still the same. Replaced cables, tried a different LNB,still the same. After a frustrating afternoon I took the box to a neighbours house and connected to his aerial... it worked perfectly! so I returned and connected back to my system and hey presto it doesn't work, it still says no signal and only connected with one cable. I've tried moving the dish..nothing. The only thing I have'nt changed is the actual dish! I think the signal is bypassing my house!

| Tue 30 Oct 2018 17:50:06 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

glovebox - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Tried another box,still the same. Replaced cables, tried a different LNB,still the same. After a frustrating afternoon I took the box to a neighbours house and connected to his aerial... it worked perfectly! so I returned and connected back to my system and hey presto it doesn't work, it still says no signal and only connected with one cable. I've tried moving the dish..nothing. The only thing I have'nt changed is the actual dish! I think the signal is bypassing my house!

looking as if the dish has moved slightly. You will need help with this. Just connect tuner 1 in. Show the signal diagnostics for the home transponder. Get some one to watch the display. press gently on the back of the dish left hand side to move the dish slightly East. Wait for the receiver to respond to the change 20 secs If the quality goes up slacken the azimuth locking nuts. and nudge the dish a tiny bit towards the east. Repeat this till you find a point that the quality goes down when you press left and right. Repeat this top and bottom to fine tune the elevation settings. Use tiny tiny moves, a 1 degree error moves the focus point a long way when the satellites are more than 22000 mls away.

| Tue 30 Oct 2018 18:05:14 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

glovebox

Bought a sat. finder, set up dish accordingly. Replaced cables into box it still says only one cable connected,no signal found?

| Wed 31 Oct 2018 16:56:13 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

glovebox - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Bought a sat. finder, set up dish accordingly. Replaced cables into box it still says only one cable connected,no signal found?

The cheap sat finders are a waste of space. The receivers own quality metering is the only reliable way. Chances are your meter is simply picking up noise.

What do you find if you do a all transponder FTA manual tune ?

| Wed 31 Oct 2018 17:07:06 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

glovebox

Exactly the same

| Wed 31 Oct 2018 17:32:07 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

glovebox - 1 minute ago  » 
    Exactly the same

You don't find any channels at all ?

| Wed 31 Oct 2018 17:34:30 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

glovebox - 1 minute ago  » 
    Exactly the same

You don't find any channels at all ?

If there are no channels you aren't locked onto a satellite group. A common error is to align on 19.2E. This would result in channels in german as 19.2E has some transponders with the same parameters as 28.2E.

https://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=19.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

If you were correctly aligned on 28.2E. A all transponder FTA scan should find about 500 radio and TV channels (498)

https://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

| Wed 31 Oct 2018 19:14:44 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

glovebox

Good news signal back,obviously latched onto wrong satellite. Again many thanks for all the help.

| Thu 1 Nov 2018 11:38:03 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

glovebox - 11 minutes ago  » 
    Good news signal back,obviously latched onto wrong satellite. Again many thanks for all the help.

Excellent most likely 19.2E. It's very close to 28.2E.

| Thu 1 Nov 2018 11:50:44 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.