My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

No sound

(126 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Glad it's sorted.

Do other models of Humax suffer similar problems?

It wasn't a problem with your Humax box. It was just the TV settings which needed adjusting. Quite normal.

| Wed 6 Jan 2016 17:54:12 #71 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

D1001T

I have recently purchased the 1800T and I am having the same problem. The unit has the latest software/firmware. I had to power the unit down/up to recover the audio. I am playing through a Samsung TV.

| Tue 19 Jan 2016 12:23:57 #72 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Never have replicated this issue unfortunately (connected to a Sony KDL 705B, HDMI port 4) though no doubt it is a problem for some....

Things to try:

1. Changing channel, would suggest from SD/HD and vice versa.
    2. Change audio output setting - Multi channel/Stereo.
    3. Pause and play live TV.
    4. Playback a timer.

| Tue 19 Jan 2016 12:37:41 #73 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

A lot of people including myself have this problem. My friend got his tested by an engineer and it is the Humax is at fault. I don't know the full details, but it seems the HDMI audio output chip is at fault,its caused by an overload some how. by turning it off or putting it to standby it resets the chip that's why the sound comes back. The engineer was not sure if its down to software or not. I think maybe if its a hardware problem that's probably why Humax have not sorted it out, it would be to expensive to recall all the box's.

| Tue 19 Jan 2016 22:55:33 #74 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

D1001T

Thank you for your replies, I did try all the steps listed in Barry's reply and they didn't seem to make any difference at the time. It does appear to be more of a manufacture/design fault rather than settings and the only way I cleared it was power down, standby had no effect. We will probably just have to wait for a Humax fix?

| Wed 20 Jan 2016 9:01:05 #75 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I assume everyone is using loop through? If you have a passive splitter to hand then try using it plus hdmi direct from box to TV. Places like Maplins sell these splitters for around £1.50. That's the way my 2000T is connected and I no longer have sound or picture issues.

| Wed 20 Jan 2016 9:22:10 #76 |
  7. Marvin

Marvin

I've definitely experienced this whilst being on a splitter, so it's nothing to do with loop-through. In fact I had to come off loop through because the "loop through in standby" fix did not shut enough of the system down to reset the no sound problem

| Wed 20 Jan 2016 10:36:07 #77 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

A splitter makes no difference to the sound issue on my 2000T's HDMI output, I have tried every set there is suggested by people on here and Humax support as well.
    My two only seem have this problem when the box's are recording and you take them out of standby to watch a recorded program on the box through the HDMI input.
    What I have done is also connect them to the scart as well, so when this happens and the box is recording I watch the box's through the scart input, as there is no sound issues on the A/V outputs of the unit.
    As I put in my earlier post there is a intermittent sound problem on the HDMI output on some 1800T and 2000T modals. I just cant see why Humax have not sorted it out by now, unless it is a hardware fault. You don't get this with any other freeview recorder / DVD player or Sky box through the HDMI, it such a shame as this is really good reliable recorder.

| Wed 20 Jan 2016 11:07:10 #78 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I've just thought - the audio in my setup is provided via SPDIF to my Sonos equipment so the TV's internal speakers are disabled. Having said that I did use to get both sound and picture issues before using the splitter.

| Wed 20 Jan 2016 14:17:15 #79 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

hazelann70

I don't know if this will help but when I got a Sony tv I had no sound. I worked out that I have to turn the tv on first and then the freeview box. Otherwise I get a picture and no sound.

| Wed 10 Feb 2016 11:08:06 #80 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.