My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

No sound

(126 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

This is a common problem with the 2000T, however if you select the HDMI port first on your TV then turn on your 2000T you will not get any sound issue. Or connect it via the scart / A/V, there is no sound issues on these outputs.

| Wed 10 Feb 2016 12:36:17 #81 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

D1001T

Hi,
    I've just received a response for my 1800T from Humax technical support as follows:
    "We are aware of this compatibility issue, it is basically caused by a HDMI-CEC feature, which this product does not support." A further response advised me to turn off HDMI-CEC or in the case of my Samsung Anynet+ in order to cure the problem. I have done it this morning and I will monitor.

| Wed 10 Feb 2016 13:36:43 #82 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Si

PROBLEM SOLVED - I had this problem with sound too. I used scart for a while but got annoyed with the quality. I fixed it by buying a hdmi splitter/switch. Now every time I turn my Sony Bravia on I have sound without having to reset the HDR 2000 T. The problem if the devices are linked directly is that the HDR goes into a sleep mode when the tv is off and doesn't fully reactivate when the tv tells it too. You could blame Sony or humax but it doesn't matter the issue is there. The splitter stops the HDR from going in to sleep mode, so the sound never cuts out. Only cost me a £10 for splitter and extra HDMI lead, well worth it as barring this issue it works well.

| Mon 29 Feb 2016 22:44:12 #83 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Si - 11 hours ago  » 
    PROBLEM SOLVED - I had this problem with sound too. I used scart for a while but got annoyed with the quality. I fixed it by buying a hdmi splitter/switch. Now every time I turn my Sony Bravia on I have sound without having to reset the HDR 2000 T. The problem if the devices are linked directly is that the HDR goes into a sleep mode when the tv is off and doesn't fully reactivate when the tv tells it too. You could blame Sony or humax but it doesn't matter the issue is there. The splitter stops the HDR from going in to sleep mode, so the sound never cuts out. Only cost me a £10 for splitter and extra HDMI lead, well worth it as barring this issue it works well.

Is it a splitter or a HDMI switch? Whilst they look pretty similar they do have different functions. I tried using my 2000T with a HDMI Hub/switch and it caused the issues you were experiencing. I had to do the opposite to you and take the HDMI lead direct from 2000T to TV - problems solved.

| Tue 1 Mar 2016 10:25:54 #84 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Si

Hi Faust it is a Duronic HDS3 mini 3 port gold HDMI auto switch. I don't need to extend the slots as the tv has 3 hdmi slots, the HDR is the only device I use. The no sound on start up issue has bugged me for ages, I have been reading the forums for about 10 months and wanted to share my solution as clearly I was not alone.

| Tue 1 Mar 2016 21:30:33 #85 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Si - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi Faust it is a Duronic HDS3 mini 3 port gold HDMI auto switch. I don't need to extend the slots as the tv has 3 hdmi slots, the HDR is the only device I use. The no sound on start up issue has bugged me for ages, I have been reading the forums for about 10 months and wanted to share my solution as clearly I was not alone.

I thought a switch had one input with multiple outputs whereas a hub is one output (to TV) with multiple inputs (from various devices) which if I'm not mistaken is what you have purchased and what I already had.

I could not get my 2000T to work properly with the hub i.e. sound drop outs and picture break ups whereas for you it appears to work - how odd.

| Tue 1 Mar 2016 23:32:38 #86 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Si

You'll have to argue with Duronic as to the type of device I just copied their product name down for you. I actually got the product suggestion from someone else's post on this forum, it had worked for them on a Samsung tv with the same issue. It sounds like you have a different issue to most people on this topic who can't get sound when directly linked to their TV.

| Wed 2 Mar 2016 0:08:50 #87 |
  8. brian

brian

special member

Faust - 10 hours ago  » 
    I thought a switch had one input with multiple outputs whereas a hub is one output (to TV) with multiple inputs.

A HDMI Splitter has one input with multiple outputs, whereas a HDMI Switch has one output with multiple inputs.

| Wed 2 Mar 2016 10:40:17 #88 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

brian - 5 minutes ago  » 

Faust - 10 hours ago  » 
    I thought a switch had one input with multiple outputs whereas a hub is one output (to TV) with multiple inputs.

A HDMI Splitter has one input with multiple outputs, whereas a HDMI Switch has one output with multiple inputs.

Exactly - that's what I said, or similar. I knew what I meant anyhow.

| Wed 2 Mar 2016 10:46:48 #89 |
  10. brian

brian

special member

Faust - 2 minutes ago  » 

brian - 5 minutes ago  » 

Faust - 10 hours ago  » 

Exactly - that's what I said, or similar. I knew what I meant anyhow.

No you didn't! Your description of a switch was actually the description of a splitter.

| Wed 2 Mar 2016 10:51:28 #90 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.