(126 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

brian - 4 minutes ago  » 

Faust - 2 minutes ago  » 

brian - 5 minutes ago  » 

Faust - 10 hours ago  » 
    I thought a switch had one input with multiple outputs whereas a hub is one output (to TV) with multiple inputs.

A HDMI Splitter has one input with multiple outputs, whereas a HDMI Switch has one output with multiple inputs.

Exactly - that's what I said, or similar. I knew what I meant anyhow.

No you didn't! Your description of a switch was actually the description of a splitter.

My definition of a switch concurs with yours? However, it was meant as a joke!!!!

| Wed 2 Mar 2016 10:57:18 #91 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gt

I too have this problem on a Sony Brava TV and Humax replaced my machine. The replacement was exactly the same. What exactly is fix? Can you post a link to the switch (or whatever it is) I need to buy on Amazon?
    Thanks, Graham

| Sun 6 Mar 2016 19:29:29 #92 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

hazelann70

Well, following on from my original post, I now have another problem!! So, I can deal with having to turn the tv on first and then get the FV box out of standby but now I have a fire stick. I've got this in my second HDMI port and if I use it, I literally have to turn the FV box off a the wall and turn it back on again to get sound. How bl**dy frustrating!!!

| Fri 11 Mar 2016 17:25:23 #93 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

hazelann70 - 6 hours ago  » 
    Well, following on from my original post, I now have another problem!! So, I can deal with having to turn the tv on first and then get the FV box out of standby but now I have a fire stick. I've got this in my second HDMI port and if I use it, I literally have to turn the FV box off a the wall and turn it back on again to get sound. How bl**dy frustrating!!!

All these problems sound like 'handshake issues'.

| Fri 11 Mar 2016 23:51:53 #94 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

hazelann70

Well, I bought the Duronic switcher and it's solved the no sound if the FV box is on before the tv. It's also solved the fire stick causing problems. Sometimes it switches over automatically from Firestick to FV but can't get it to go the other way without pressing the button on switching box. Not a great problem really. Guessing it's due to the Firestick not having a turn off button. So, £6.99 well spent and so reasonably happy - ish.

| Mon 14 Mar 2016 17:37:07 #95 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

ducksoup

I have had this problem. Solved so far by adding a Lindi HDMI CEC less adaptor between Humax and tv on the hdmi cable. This costs about £10 from Amazon. Best of luck

| Sun 18 Sep 2016 22:55:27 #96 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

This a common fault with the 2000T, myself and a friend has the same problem with the audio HDMI handshake, especially if its recording.
    It help by switching the TV to the HDMI input before taking the Humax 2000T out of standby.
    I did contact Humax over this as a lot of people reported this on other forums as well, and they refused to acknowledge that there is a intermittent problem with this modal.

This don't happen that often on my one, but when it do I find its when its recording.

The only way to get round this is to connect it to a sound bar, or connect via scart for when the sound goes if your recording.

| Mon 19 Sep 2016 11:44:49 #97 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Is this model riddled with glitches?

For the first time today I have had no sound when switching on from off at the mains.

A reboot sorts it but why should I have to reboot an electronic device that has already booted from the first power on

Really folks...something isnt right here...something isnt right at all.

A device either works or it has ridiculous flaws that destroy the pride of ownership

| Sat 1 Oct 2016 0:42:54 #98 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Minstrel SE - 11 hours ago  » 
    Is this model riddled with glitches?
    For the first time today I have had no sound when switching on from off at the mains.
    A reboot sorts it but why should I have to reboot an electronic device that has already booted from the first power on
    Really folks...something isnt right here...something isnt right at all.
    A device either works or it has ridiculous flaws that destroy the pride of ownership

When you say switching off from the mains do you mean you are actually cutting all power to the machine rather than have it in standby? If so I would suggest that is the issue. These modern boxes are actually mini computers and not really designed to have no power at all. When you have started it up I expect it has failed to boot correctly, just like normal computers do at times.

Why are you not using it in lower power standby? In this state it uses a tiny tiny bit of power, over a year we are talking pennies.

| Sat 1 Oct 2016 12:00:25 #99 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi Faust, Sometimes just switching it to another source or channel on your TV while the 2000T switched on you can lose the sound when you switch back to the HDMI input on the TV where the 2000T is on.
    If this happens you don't need to turn it off at the mains if your not recording, just put in standby a wait for the hard drive to stop spinning, then take it back out of standby again and you have got your sound back.
    I can see where Minstrel SE is coming from, when Humax know there was a problem they should have sorted it out.
    If you use the unit via the scart or RCA you don't get any sound problems.
    Most people use the HDMI inputs on their TV's these days for their HD equipment, and not the scart.
    I have different HD equipment don't get this sound problem with them, but as I said in my last post it don't happen often on my 2000T, and I can live with that.
    Humax have got it right with the 4000T freeview play box don't have any sound issues with this model.

| Sat 1 Oct 2016 12:34:59 #100 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.