My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

No subs on iplayer

(16 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Try Episode 1 again a bit further on. They started working for me just before the opening credits.

| Fri 12 Jan 2018 15:20:54 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

digitaldr

Just to be clear - subtitles don't working on all iplayer programmes not just Little Women!

Barry - 7 hours ago  » 
    Compare your iPlayer system info with this screen grab of mine using the HDR 1100S
    In iplayer select:
    Settings
    Settings & Help
    Help
    System Information

Info looks to be the same:

| Fri 12 Jan 2018 22:10:56 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

My HDR-1000S has identical System Information.

| Sat 13 Jan 2018 11:21:41 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Salvador

I have exactly the same situation as the original poster. Sometimes the iplayer subtitles work, sometimes they don't. There seems to be no pattern. Sometimes restarting the box brings them back. Sometimes leaving iplayer and restarting it. I can watch a progamme with the subs, then go back to it later and they have gone.
    Like Digitaldr, I also use a smartDNS. I don't know if that makes any difference.
    The subs are fine on my laptop and Android. So the problem is with the Humax.

| Tue 14 Apr 2020 23:46:54 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Salvador - 19 hours ago  » 
    I have exactly the same situation as the original poster. Sometimes the iplayer subtitles work, sometimes they don't. There seems to be no pattern. Sometimes restarting the box brings them back. Sometimes leaving iplayer and restarting it. I can watch a progamme with the subs, then go back to it later and they have gone.
    Like Digitaldr, I also use a smartDNS. I don't know if that makes any difference.

Does your laptop have a HDMI out socket ?

| Wed 15 Apr 2020 19:32:24 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Salvador

grahamlthompson - 13 hours ago  » 

Does your laptop have a HDMI out socket ?

No, but my TV has a VGA input. That would be one solution. But it would be nice just for everything to work the way it is supposed to. It's a mystery why should the subs work just sometimes, on a purely haphazard basis.

| Thu 16 Apr 2020 9:27:20 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.