My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

No weak or no signal

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Davide

Hello there,

I have had my HDR 1000S for just over 3 years and a few days ago we discovered that some of the channels were no longer available as the signal was either weak or missing.
    We manged to find same channels on different channels number and we used them till today when I had a bit of time to try to carry out a few tests.
    this morning I decided to invert the cable on the back of the box but nothing changed so we decided to go for a factory reset, as we thought that it would have been a good test to see if we could recuperate the missing channels.
    We are not sure what happened there but we have now lost all of the channels we had and we have no signal at all arriving into the box.
    I have checked the cables again and went for a second factory reset but nothing really happened. also, the box only detects one of the cables.
    I am based in Dublin and, while looking for solutions, we came across a freesat shop close by where we live and decided to pop over but the guy there did not offer any solution apart from scheduling a technician to call over on Monday to check the satellite disc.
    Any help would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks
    David

| Sat 12 Nov 2016 16:01:55 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Try a FTA channel search in non-freesat mode.
    If this finds channels then do a search of a single transponder 11428 H 27500 2/3, if this does not find a signal then my first guess would be a faulty LNB.
    Other possibilities include water ingression in cables, and poorly fitted F connectors.

| Sat 12 Nov 2016 17:02:20 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Davide

Hi,thank you very much for your reply.
    I have attempted to search channels in a non-freesat mode and the box did not find any channels.I am sticking with the technician then as he should be able to replace any faulty parts of the dish or the cables if that is where the problem is.
    Thanks again
    Davide

| Sun 13 Nov 2016 9:39:08 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

As you are now getting nothing, I would recheck the F connectors for a short circuit.

| Sun 13 Nov 2016 11:21:17 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Davide

I am sorry but I am not very good with this kind of things. What are the F connectors and how do I check if there is a short circuit?
    Thanks
    Davide

| Sun 13 Nov 2016 17:24:50 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The two screw on coax cables that connect to your two tuner inputs on your box use f connectors. (11mm nuts)

They normally fit by tightly screwing on to the outer coax cable cover.

If incorrectly fitted a tiny bit of the coax screen can touch the centre core of the coax (creating a short circuit for both the signal and the box lnb control signals). Normally this would give a warning message fron the box. More likely is the f connector is loose breaking either the screen or ceetre connection,

Turn off the box, disconnect the coax cable and check the f connecors are firmly screwed onto the coax cables,

Ignore the grease.

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/fplugs.htm#fit

| Sun 13 Nov 2016 22:35:40 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Davide

Thank you very much for the explanation and for the link attached. I will follow instructions and revert.
    Hopefully that is where the problem lies.
    Thanks again

Davide

| Sun 13 Nov 2016 22:47:20 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Davide

So, today I have brought the box over to the freesat shop here in Dublin to make sure that the problem we are experiencing is not due to a faulty box.
    The guy in the shop restored the factory setting in the box (as it was getting a no signal message) and channels appeared.
    Back to the house I went to connect the box again and most of the channels were and are still there.
    I am still missing some of them but the majority and the "main" channels are there and, strangely enough, we even have bbc2 hd now which we never had before as we only had a black screen for it.
    Any idea what this strange behaviour of the box could be linked to?

Thanks

Davide

| Mon 14 Nov 2016 21:09:42 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Davide - 32 minutes ago  » 
    So, today I have brought the box over to the freesat shop here in Dublin to make sure that the problem we are experiencing is not due to a faulty box.
    The guy in the shop restored the factory setting in the box (as it was getting a no signal message) and channels appeared.
    Back to the house I went to connect the box again and most of the channels were and are still there.
    I am still missing some of them but the majority and the "main" channels are there and, strangely enough, we even have bbc2 hd now which we never had before as we only had a black screen for it.
    Any idea what this strange behaviour of the box could be linked to?
    Thanks
    Davide

Misaligned dish, faulty lnb, water in the coax downleads (plus corroded connections at the lnb) or loose f connectors on coax outer.

| Mon 14 Nov 2016 21:43:01 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Davide

I see. I will probably have to redo the whole connection then.
    As it is I will probably leave it til it will stop working altogether as now it is working decently well.
    Thanks for all the help provided.

Davide

| Mon 14 Nov 2016 23:31:13 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.