My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Not Impressed

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

retsbewyor

Aura arrived Monday, Friday couldn't do anything with the unit, no matter what I tried, couldn't get live TV, always returned to Freeview Play Home screen, reset THREE times, gave up in the end, phoned Richer Sounds for a replacement, possibly here on Monday.....can't say I'm impressed with the Humax Aura, perhaps I got the dud, I'll reserve judgement 'til the replacement unit is in place and working properly, we'll see.....

| Fri 25 Jun 2021 15:47:25 #1 |
  2. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

retsbewyor - 48 mins ago  » 
    Aura arrived Monday, Friday couldn't do anything with the unit, no matter what I tried, couldn't get live TV, always returned to Freeview Play Home screen, reset THREE times, gave up in the end, phoned Richer Sounds for a replacement, possibly here on Monday.....can't say I'm impressed with the Humax Aura, perhaps I got the dud, I'll reserve judgement 'til the replacement unit is in place and working properly, we'll see.....

Sorry you had that experience. What happened when you followed the set up procedure in the guide for the first time? Did you follow all the steps? Were you connected to the internet? When you say you were returned to the Freeview Play Home Screen what happened when you pressed ‘Live tv/exit’ or one of the top picks?

| Fri 25 Jun 2021 16:43:42 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

retsbewyor

All set up correctly on Monday, connected to the Internet no problems, downloaded an app yesterday (Disney+), that worked fine. This morning wouldn't assign the HDMI and went downhill from there, eventually showed Freeview Play Home screen, tried Live TV for less than a second and returned to the home screen.....tried that several times. Tried reset, went through ALL of the information required to get it up and running.....in the end I gave up out of sheer frustration.....very very disappointed, I had high hopes, I'll wait and see if the replacement performs any better, if not, don't want to, but it'll be the Manhattan

| Fri 25 Jun 2021 17:08:33 #3 |
  4. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

retsbewyor - 43 mins ago  » 
    All set up correctly on Monday, connected to the Internet no problems, downloaded an app yesterday (Disney+), that worked fine. This morning wouldn't assign the HDMI and went downhill from there, eventually showed Freeview Play Home screen, tried Live TV for less than a second and returned to the home screen.....tried that several times. Tried reset, went through ALL of the information required to get it up and running.....in the end I gave up out of sheer frustration.....very very disappointed, I had high hopes, I'll wait and see if the replacement performs any better, if not, don't want to, but it'll be the Manhattan

That sounds very frustrating. You woke up the Aura from standby, blue light was on? But then it ‘wouldn’t assign the Hdmi’ you mean the Hdmi handshake wasn’t working? What did show on screen? Did the TV say no picture? What make of TV. Can you describe it in detail? Step by step ‘going downhill’ You couldn’t go to live TV.

| Fri 25 Jun 2021 18:02:27 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

retsbewyor

VERY frustrating. Blue light on, HDMI not switching to input, Home screen showed up on TV(Sony Bravia). NO Live TV, when remote buttons were pressed for Live TV etc even the settings, the screen would change for a split second then would revert back to the "Home screen"..... working well last night but not this morning.....mystery, roll on the replacement.

| Fri 25 Jun 2021 18:47:52 #5 |
  6. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

retsbewyor - 1 hour ago  » 
    VERY frustrating. Blue light on, HDMI not switching to input, Home screen showed up on TV(Sony Bravia). NO Live TV, when remote buttons were pressed for Live TV etc even the settings, the screen would change for a split second then would revert back to the "Home screen"..... working well last night but not this morning.....mystery, roll on the replacement.

I don’t quite understand, my tv doesn’t auto switch to the right Hdmi that’s not what you mean is it? It’s the Aura doesn’t produce a picture and the TV usual says no signal. By Home Screen you mean on the TV? I did have one of those black screens but did hard restart, pull out power and restart. Not had that for a while since the last update.

| Fri 25 Jun 2021 20:44:48 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Completely confused.

Some simple questions.

What HDMI port on your TV is the aura connected to ?

What colour was the Aura Led ?

What settings do have in settings for deep standby ?. When you tried was it after the time it was set to wake from low power sby to active sby ?

Did you use the TV remote to select the hdmi input the aura is connected to ?

If the aura had a red led. When you pressed the remote power button. did the LED turn from red to blue ?

The home screen is the house button on the Aura remote. If you cannot see the box output it will do nothing.

Chances are your TV is looking at a different HDMI in socket and mot the one the Aura is

| Fri 25 Jun 2021 21:11:32 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

rob.marshall2

HDMI CEC doesn't work well on the Aura (assume that's the switching issue), Humax support won't even attempt to look into it unfortunately.

| Sun 27 Jun 2021 19:20:36 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

It works well on mine.

| Mon 28 Jun 2021 8:25:23 #9 |
  10. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

rob.marshall2 - 15 hours ago  » 
    HDMI CEC doesn't work well on the Aura (assume that's the switching issue), Humax support won't even attempt to look into it unfortunately.

Can you describe exactly how CEC isn't working well for you. Please say which TV you have. Does CEC operate differently from what you used before? I've always been a bit ambivalent about CEC on various Humaxes and TVs. I do have it switched on for my Aura at present.

| Mon 28 Jun 2021 11:04:26 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.