My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

not receiving a signal or signal too weak

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

andrew3939

box has stopped working with not receiving signal message.
    have done a factory reset - signal was good, quality was good. internet connection was good. then when it comes out of reset - back to not receiving signal message. thought about doing a manual software update - downloaded the software unzipped on to stick, but instructions are to power up while holding down the channel down button. there is no channel down button - only a power button on the box - anyone got any ideas
    frustrated

and just left it displaying system info for 10 minutes and signal is now ok

my partner informs me that she has experienced this problem (signal too weak) with box also randomly recovering after a while for a few weeks

the plot thickens

| Sat 2 Apr 2016 22:08:30 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

speculatrix

I just saw your post, I have a similar problem, but just some channels. very odd.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/just-started-getting-no-signal-on-some-channels

| Sat 2 Apr 2016 23:02:41 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

andrew3939

it might be important to note - i have 3 cables coming from the satellite dish - 2 of them are connected to a HDR-1000S and 1 is connected to HB-1000S - it is only the HB-1000S that is having the problems

also the fact that the problem seems to 'fix itself' after a matter of 10 minutes suggests a software problem rather than an actual weak signal through a cable fault ?

| Sat 2 Apr 2016 23:10:30 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

For the HB1000S to update software power up whilst pressing the standby button on the front of unit.

| Sat 2 Apr 2016 23:14:38 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

speculatrix

I have an octal LNB, with two cables to the Humax, and a single cable to the living room, and another single to a satellite receiver in the bedroom.

Up till a few days ago, everything was fine.

| Sat 2 Apr 2016 23:37:53 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I would remake the connections at both ends of the cable to ensure a good electrical circuit to the LNB.

You could also try changing the connection to a spare port on the LNB.

| Sun 3 Apr 2016 7:43:57 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.