My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Not recording / No hard drive HDR-1000S/500GB

(75 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I think people need to educate themselves or a disclaimer added to the sales blurb that this modern generation of PVRs should not be seen as media archivers but as short term storage.

I have material on my 1000s which I have had almost from box release date which I know full well will be lost when the box finally dies. It's annoying but there's little to be done about it. Most if not all modern PVRs are going the same way.

The business model appears to be either stream content or buy. Store TV programmes for 'free' but only in the short to medium term.

| Fri 15 Sep 2017 14:37:30 #71 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 27 minutes ago  » 
    I think people need to educate themselves or a disclaimer added to the sales blurb that this modern generation of PVRs should not be seen as media archivers but as short term storage.
    I have material on my 1000s which I have had almost from box release date which I know full well will be lost when the box finally dies. It's annoying but there's little to be done about it. Most if not all modern PVRs are going the same way.
    The business model appears to be either stream content or buy. Store TV programmes for 'free' but only in the short to medium term.

There is dozens of generic FTA satellite pvrs or pvr ready boxes. None of them encrypt. Some even have a fully functioning epg.

If you wanted to be a pirate which would you buy ?

| Fri 15 Sep 2017 15:08:02 #72 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 7 hours ago  » 

Faust - 27 minutes ago  » 

There is dozens of generic FTA satellite pvrs or pvr ready boxes. None of them encrypt. Some even have a fully functioning epg.
    If you wanted to be a pirate which would you buy ?

And just how many do you think the general public buy of those? Not seen many in Currys/PC World, John Lewis, Argos et-al.

Joe Public (which are the people my post was aimed at) tend to shop at the stores I mentioned and will buy the brand names and it is those that are tightly controlled for archiving.

| Fri 15 Sep 2017 22:59:41 #73 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

trenery

Same issue on my HDR-1000S. I guess its 3 or 4 years old. Spoke to support and they didnt admit to knowing anything about this fault. Suggested I try a new HDD which I did. Called back and told them it didn't fax it and they responded by saying. "we have a repair centre but you cant send it back as you have opened it." Told me to throw it away.

Very poor after sales service in my view. I would have expected more life out of it.

| Mon 5 Nov 2018 13:06:07 #74 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

trenery

Sorry, posted twice by mistake and cant find delete.

| Mon 5 Nov 2018 13:06:42 #75 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.