My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Not recording / No hard drive HDR-1000S/500GB

(75 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ouija1979

Hello all, new to the forum. I have had a look around and I have noticed several threads with the same issue. Box not recording and showing no hard drive. I have purchased replacement power and data cables to try first, then I will purchase a new hard drive to try. Hopefully something will work. Just thought I would say hello.

- Oh, and any advice would be greatly appreciated..

| Mon 3 Oct 2016 20:22:27 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to our forum. Sadly none of the above seems likely to be the issue. At the present time it seems to be either software related or perhaps a component issue on the motherboard. Humax reckon they have found the problem and are testing the fix, so far they have not posted in any detail what is the fix.

How old is your box ?. Did you register it with Humax for the 2 yr warranty ?

| Mon 3 Oct 2016 21:09:12 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ouija1979

I never registered it, however the box is about 3 years old anyway. I have had no other issues with it so I hope they release a fix soon. The call centre's answer was 'buy a new box'.

| Tue 4 Oct 2016 10:00:28 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ouija1979

I hope Humax addresses this...

It is now 3 boxes, 2 of my own, 1 of a friends, they are giving the hard drive 'not found' error, can't record, pause... I am sick because all the advice is 'factory reset'or 'buy a new box'and 'format the drive'. NO! Absolutely not! Your products are not fit for purpose! I gave a friend my old bush box that had a 320 hard drive. My friend has had it 5 years, no problems. I buy 2 of your boxes and 2 of them stop working after 3 years? Then I call another friend who bought one on my recommendation and it has started happening to hers? I have 3 Humax that have failed recently! I don't care if they are out of warranty! Why the hell should I buy Humax ever again? Or even recommend them? Give me a reason?

Admin edit post moved to another thread opened by same member.

| Sat 8 Oct 2016 1:02:16 #1 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

oap29

I've had the HDD fault (suddenly stopped seeing the hard drive) for a very long time, may have found a work round it works on my freesat box and as worked for a month or so and still working.
    Disconnect the Internet.
    Go to settings, system setting, power saving and turn on auto power down if not already on and then back to a channel.
    Then let the box turn off by itself it take about four hours or so, after switching back on I found the HDD and recording all back.
    Hope it works for you.
    Update
    Fault as reappeared two or three times but returns again after a power down if not the first time the second time I try it, this is with no internet or app connected.
    So is it a software fault I ask myself.

| Sat 8 Oct 2016 7:26:02 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ouija1979

My original box from my bedroom has started working again - perfectly, no issues now. Very odd, but my trust has gone.

| Sun 9 Oct 2016 18:35:22 #6 |
  7. Davy

Davy

special member

I also have had this problem recently with my 1010s which is a few years old now. I had no recordings showing, then when I did, they would only play and not go forwards 4 mins to miss adverts when I hit the button as it should do. Next it said files were incompatible etc so couldn't/ wouldn't play.
    I removed power lead and left it overnight.
    On starting up next day, all was well again!
    Give it a go, nothing to loose...

| Sun 9 Oct 2016 19:48:45 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

hughmclaughlin

I have the same problem. In my opinion, many of the suggested fixes(given in good faith) on this forum, only serve to mask the real problem which is Humax's failure to address an inherent fault(s) in the box and/or software. The Humax solution for out of warranty owners is 'buy a new one' - for me at least once bitten, twice NEVER!

See my post:

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/hdr-1010s-hdd-not-recognised

and:

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/hard-drive-issues

and:

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/hdr-1000s-no-hard-drive#post-47815

and...

| Mon 10 Oct 2016 12:15:59 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

hughmclaughlin - 20 hours ago  » 
    I have the same problem. In my opinion, many of the suggested fixes(given in good faith) on this forum, only serve to mask the real problem which is Humax's failure to address an inherent fault(s) in the box and/or software. The Humax solution for out of warranty owners is 'buy a new one' - for me at least once bitten, twice NEVER!
    See my post:
    http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/hdr-1010s-hdd-not-recognised
    and:
    http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/hard-drive-issues
    and:
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/hdr-1000s-no-hard-drive#post-47815
    and...

You have up to six years to make a claim for goods that have not performed as one might have expected/are of satisfactory quality. However, you would have to prove an inherent fault by getting an experts report. That might be easier said than done.

| Tue 11 Oct 2016 8:22:07 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

hughmclaughlin

Thank you Faust. Does anyone have any suggestion what percentage of Humax Freetime boxes have developed significant problems within thirty months of use ?

Graham Thompson relates above that Humax are testing a fix. If Humax have found the problem there should be no further uncertainty about the problem being 'either software related or perhaps a component issue on the motherboard'! Apologies Graham for quoting you as I know you cannot answer for Humax.

| Tue 11 Oct 2016 11:16:54 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.