My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Now for the good points

(24 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

esme

Another good point

Humax actually releases updated software for their PVR's periodically so any issues should be adressed eventually

| Fri 19 Aug 2016 14:44:27 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luddym

special member

One good point for me is: When recording a programme with multiple series, each series has its own folder listed in recordings. This makes watching programmes like Monkey Life - that have many series's - so much more enjoyable to veg out to.

| Fri 19 Aug 2016 21:23:11 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Brian9200T

Thanks Luddym. That is usedul for me to know" Despite reading the User Manual I did not grasp that.

| Fri 19 Aug 2016 21:52:15 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luddym

special member

Brian9200T: I can't guarantee it does it for every series - or on every channel - but it certainly does it on the Monkey World\Life series's on pick. As well as crime stuff on 'YourTv'.

| Fri 19 Aug 2016 22:33:35 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

esme

Yup, programmes recorded on series link get grouped together in folders which de clutters the recording list really nicely, if you record each individual episode 'by hand' as it were then this doesn't happen & the episodes are scattered through the recording list

We've just found this too, it looks really useful

Another nice thing is you can skip forward through a recording by using the right arrow and skip back using the left arrow, forward jumps 2 minutes by default & back jumps 15 seconds' these can be changed in the settings, handy for skipping adverts

| Sat 20 Aug 2016 0:20:44 #15 |
  6. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

Luddym - 2 hours ago  » 
    Brian9200T: I can't guarantee it does it for every series - or on every channel - but it certainly does it on the Monkey World\Life series's on pick. As well as crime stuff on 'YourTv'.

It does the same for 'Bones' on 5USA, too.

And I like that you can skip right to the end of the recording of the episode you have watched to go straight to the next episode in the series.

| Sat 20 Aug 2016 0:49:17 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Brian9200T

Stephenesque: Are you saying you can jump straight to the end of an episode in a simple way? I have been dragging the recording time indicator to the end or exiting the episode and selecting the next in the series.

| Sat 20 Aug 2016 7:56:46 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Bitterman - 19 hours ago  » 
    Dolby Digital Plus on Netflix if fantastic, slight picture stutter on certain Netflix scenes is a downer.
    Speed to access Netflix is excellent.
    Streaming to a tablet (or phone) is good. Lack of any apps on Amazon tablets is poor.
    Ability to transfer recordings to another device to watch has been handy, although spoilt by certain limitations.
    Very good Wi-fi performance.

Have you tried sideloading the app ?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.koni.appstofiretv&hl=en_GB

| Sat 20 Aug 2016 8:43:43 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Brian9200T

No, I have not tried sideloading the app. I find the user manual very poor at explaining things. I took me a time to use ONDEMAND at all and the first thing I foumd was that it did not cover all channels and on the channels it did cover many programmes are excluded for copyright reasons. Trouble is that if the operating imstructions are not fairly straightforward I soon forget the. After a week I still often don't know which button to press for Info.. In my opinion every step should be in the form....
    SEE: This....
    DO| that.................
    See:
    DO:

| Sat 20 Aug 2016 9:42:33 #19 |
  10. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

Brian9200T - 8 hours ago  » 
    Stephenesque: Are you saying you can jump straight to the end of an episode in a simple way? I have been dragging the recording time indicator to the end or exiting the episode and selecting the next in the series.

You can't jump straight to the end with one click, but I have my Skip Forward time set to 120 sec, so it usually takes fewer than 3 presses of the > button from the end credits of one episode to the start of the next.

| Sat 20 Aug 2016 16:35:18 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.