My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

No/weak signal on HDR-1100S

(16 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JoK - 1 hour ago  » 
    And working on as far as I can tell

Find the add channels menu and add the following transponder.

Frequency 10847, Polarisation V, Standard DVB-S2, Modulation 8PSK, Symbol Rate 23000 and FEC (Forward Error Correction) 3/4

After adding the transponder use other channels to view channels on the transponder you have added. What channels do you see and are they all good quality ? While viewing use the box signal info to show the signal strength and quality and post what happens.

| Wed 29 May 2019 17:07:28 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JoK

It says my Sky box isn’t getting a signal...etc etc....

| Wed 29 May 2019 21:53:51 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JoK

And when I try and reset them to what it said before I get “no signal found”

| Wed 29 May 2019 21:55:02 #13 |
  4. Trev

Trev

special member

This is really confusing. In post #8 and #9 you said that you connected your old Sky box and it worked.
    So what does post #12 mean and to which box(s) are you referring in post #13.
    Are you saying that neither the Sky box or the 1100 detects a signal now?

Have you carefully checked that the centre core of the cables have not been bent over and are not going into the centre hole on the socket? The centre cor in WF65 type cable is very thin and it's very easy to do just that and is a common problem with those people who are not used to handling this type of cable/plug.

| Thu 30 May 2019 8:16:08 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JoK

To be clear-I used the sky box to make the adjustments mentioned by Graham via the add channels menu. It resulted in the error message that my Sky box isn’t getting a signal. And when trying to reset the Sky box to the original settings ( before the adjustments ) it says No signal found. Does that help?

Have looked and checked the cables a few times, seem to be connecting ok, have removed and reinserted them several times.

| Thu 30 May 2019 8:48:40 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JoK - 7 minutes ago  » 
    To be clear-I used the sky box to make the adjustments mentioned by Graham via the add channels menu. It resulted in the error message that my Sky box isn’t getting a signal. And when trying to reset the Sky box to the original settings ( before the adjustments ) it says No signal found. Does that help?
    Have looked and checked the cables a few times, seem to be connecting ok, have removed and reinserted them several times.

So the issue is presumably with your communal satellite source. You need to contact whoever is responsible for the communal services. Generally the electicity supply for the satellite multiswitches is connected to the landlord/caretaker for the block.

| Thu 30 May 2019 8:59:07 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.