My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

No/weak signal on HDR-1100S

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JoK

We have just purchased a HDR-1100D to replace a sky box-after another really good experience with a humax box. Set up went fine, both tuners reported good strength and quality inputs to save 193 channels, but we get ‘the receiver is not receiving a signal or the signal is too weak” error message on most channels. Have tried factory reset and retuning but to no avail. It’s set up on a communal dish in our building, but as the Sky box worked I assumed it would be ok. So I’ve joined this forum to see what else I might be doing wrong. Any ideas please or do I accept defeat and return it?

| Tue 28 May 2019 20:23:14 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to our forum. Most likely reason is a issue with the f connectors at the box end. If the cabling uses the very thin WF65 twin shotgun cable the very thin centre core sometimes fails to make good contact. A slight kink can sometimes rectify the issue.

The Sky box wasn't by any chance a Sky-Q box ?

You can use manual tune to check individual transponder signal strength and quality.

List of which transponders carry the channels here

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

Example BBC-2-HD England is on 10847 (frequency) and is Vertically Polarised (V)

My box is recording at the moment. If you get the manual excel or web based info from the above link. I will come back when my box has finished recording with instructions how to select a transponder to check signal strength and quality.

| Wed 29 May 2019 13:30:09 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JoK

Thanks-I don’t really know what a WF twin shotgun cable is if I’m honest.....it’s the same connections that went into the back of the Sky box-which was a Sky + box.

I’ve had a fiddle but no change.....

| Wed 29 May 2019 15:37:27 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JoK

I should also have said-it seems to work for a few moments after switching the box off and on but then goes blank and I get the weak/no signal message..?

| Wed 29 May 2019 15:41:10 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JoK - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks-I don’t really know what a WF twin shotgun cable is if I’m honest.....it’s the same connections that went into the back of the Sky box-which was a Sky + box.
    I’ve had a fiddle but no change.....

Shotgun cable is two cables joined together which can be seperated. If you look at the end it resembles the twin barrels of a shotgun. Each of the two cables is 4.8 mm diameter. The better quality 100 grade cable is 10mm diameter.

Check the f connections are firmly screwed onto the cable end if the screw on type.

A freesat pvr should work fine with connections formerly used for a Sky+ box.

If you still have the Sky box does it still work if you re-connect it ? You don't need a card for the free channels. If it does work it will be easier to test the dish using the Sky add channels menu.

| Wed 29 May 2019 15:44:16 #5 |
  6. Trev

Trev

special member

I think you need to edit a couple of decimal points somewhere into your diameters GLT.

| Wed 29 May 2019 15:48:10 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Trev - 3 minutes ago  » 
    I think you need to edit a couple of decimal points somewhere into your diameters GLT.

already edited

| Wed 29 May 2019 15:52:04 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JoK

Old sky box now plugged back in.....

| Wed 29 May 2019 16:25:23 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

JoK

And working on as far as I can tell

| Wed 29 May 2019 16:34:56 #9 |
  10. Trev

Trev

special member

already edited

Except WF100 is 6.8mm diam not 10mm. ;=)

| Wed 29 May 2019 17:39:14 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.