My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Old Samsung TV Remote Code Needed

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Seehear

Hi all and looking forward to participating in the forum.
    We’ve just abandoned Sky after 32 years (!) and have bought 2 Humax Aura boxes, one for our bedroom and one for our family room. We have an old Samsung HD TV in our family room, circa 10 years old which still works perfectly but alas, I cannot get the Aura remote to operate the TV with any of the codes given in setup.
    Is anyone aware of additional Samsung 3 digit codes, or is is the answer going to be a new TV to replace this old, but perfectly working telly?
    TIA for any answers / suggestions.

| Sun 13 Aug 2023 15:45:14 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

Have you checked online for a manual for this TV.
    What is the model number of the TV.

| Sun 13 Aug 2023 16:57:49 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

kr002

special member

Did you read some of the posts before buying 2 Auras - double the trouble
    I bet your old tv lasts longing then them

| Sun 13 Aug 2023 20:08:41 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Seehear

I got really frustrated yesterday so I gave up. I’ll try again today with a clear, more positive head on.
    Oh Gawd. Well this isn’t great news and obviously, no I didn’t; I’ll take a look at the posts. We have a 6 year warranty on the Aura which is a repair or replace, but having used it before with Richer Sounds, they generally just replace it. I’ll post an update on the TV code later.

Does anyone know how to change the remote to operate the TV volume from the Aura control? I know it can be done in setup, as I did on the other Aura. Surely one doesn’t have to do a reset to enable this?

| Mon 14 Aug 2023 6:08:32 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jhtmax

Did you manage to pair your Samsung TV?.

Anyway, you should be able to set the Humax Remote to control your Samsung TV via the FreeviewPlay button then go into Settings / Freeview Play Preferences. Next under the ‘Remote Control’ section, see TV Pairing and / or Volume Control.

| Wed 23 Aug 2023 11:30:17 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Seehear

Hi,
    Yes, yesterday I finally did thank you and thanks for the instruction on changing the volume setting on the remote to control the TV volume setting.
    Now, if only I could switch off the damned LED on the front of the unit!

| Wed 23 Aug 2023 12:30:39 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Seehear - 2 hours ago  » 
    Now, if only I could switch off the damned LED on the front of the unit!

In Settings> Freeview Play Preferences you can adjust the LED brightness and if you so desire set it to 0. The next setting down will turn off the light when in deep standby but personally I prefer not to use deep standby.

| Wed 23 Aug 2023 15:32:40 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Seehear

Apologies for the very, very late reply, Martin; life getting in the way. Thank you for the instructions - I’ve set the LED to the lowest setting.
    In the 8 months we’ve had the Aura units, they’re now pretty stable, albeit the one in the bedroom which is used the most, does reboot quite often. Having spent some time on the forum this morning, I’ll try a channel and recording schedule reset.

| Mon 15 Apr 2024 6:45:38 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Seehear - 54 mins ago  » 
    Apologies for the very, very late reply, Martin; life getting in the way. Thank you for the instructions - I’ve set the LED to the lowest setting.
    In the 8 months we’ve had the Aura units, they’re now pretty stable, albeit the one in the bedroom which is used the most, does reboot quite often. Having spent some time on the forum this morning, I’ll try a channel and recording schedule reset.

A channel reset does wonders.

I usually do it anytime I know there has been a change in channel order or new channels added and since following that process I do not get any reboots now.

| Mon 15 Apr 2024 7:42:06 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.