My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

"On Demand is loading" but it doesn't complete

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

Several times now the message "On demand is loading" appears when I click on 'On Demand'. The box has the latest software installed and is "Connected to the internet". The message suggests I try again in a minute or so but I have waited maybe 10 to 15 minutes and it is still "Loading". Switching the box off using the remote then back on again after 30 seconds fixes it and 'On Demand' then loads very quickly.

Is this a common problem and something that one has to live with or is there a fix?

I realise that Humax are unlikely to put effort into updating this Freesat box since Freesat and Humax parted ways but it would be nice to know if others are having the same issue.

Thanks in advance.

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 18:55:45 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Justintime - 42 mins ago  » 
    Is this a common problem and something that one has to live with or is there a fix?

I think there have been a couple of recent reports that have been fixed by doing a reset to default settings.

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 19:39:10 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

OK. Thank you.
    Q1 - Are these reports on this forum (I didn't find any) or other forums?
    Q2 - I assume resetting to default settings means that I will have to reconnect to the internet (no problem) and sign-in again to on-demand services (a pain) but will I lose my recordings?

| Tue 6 Apr 2021 8:41:39 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

You will not lose recordings, but make a note of your recording schedule as you will have to re input that.

| Tue 6 Apr 2021 9:25:36 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Justintime - 2 hours ago  » 
    OK. Thank you.
    Q1 - Are these reports on this forum (I didn't find any) or other forums?

See https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/on-demand-not-working-on-hdr1100s (read the whole thread).

| Tue 6 Apr 2021 11:40:34 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

OK. Having read most of the threads I come to the following observations: -
    1. This issue has been around for a long time and it is still not fixed.
    2. Resetting to defaults only seems a temporary fix and the issue reoccurs.
    3. Similar if the router is rebooted.
    4. On-Demand can be "Connected to the internet" but still not complete "Loading".
    5. The issue seems to fix itself sometimes even though the owner has tried everything else and given up trying.
    6. It happens at peak viewing time. I doubt that Humax or Freesat will be updating their servers at peak viwing time so seems to point at the Humax box itself.
    7. It doesn't happen to all Freesat boxes or else there would be more reports.

My conclusion - Seems like a bug with the Humax 'On-demand' feature on some boxes, which makes it a hit n miss experience that we have to live with.

| Tue 6 Apr 2021 14:00:32 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

Point 5 in post #6 proved itself yesterday. 'On Demand' would not work on the 7th so I switched Humax off and watched On Demand direct via the TV. The day after, the 8th, the Humax On Demand worked faultessly.

Hey-Ho!

| Fri 9 Apr 2021 13:48:45 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.