My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

On Demand issues

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

robert1997

Using the Freesat app to start up a programme on iplayer on the 1000s. Got a message onscreen saying I required a software update. On checking there is no update, I'm currently up to date software wise. In the meantime I went directly to the show via the box menu. Ten minutes in the programme froze with a message blaming my internet connection which was actually working fine. Last night the box rebooted when I was using On Demand. Any ideas guys? Any advice appreciated.

| Mon 14 Sep 2015 20:55:20 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

What software version does your box report you have ? Software updates are not transmitted permanently.

| Mon 14 Sep 2015 21:37:53 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

robert1997

It was working / connecting last night bar the box reboot.

| Mon 14 Sep 2015 22:02:03 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

robert1997

Did a factory reset of the box and it's still doing it. Really disappointing.

| Mon 14 Sep 2015 23:05:02 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Also try resetting your router, it is not uncommon for a port to misbehave.

| Tue 15 Sep 2015 6:59:52 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

robert1997

Router reset but the app still won't connect. Still getting the software upgrade required message onscreen when the app tries to send a command to the box to play a catch up programme. I don't have the app linked via an id as I won't be using it for remote record.

All the On Demand players and Showcase work when accessed directly from the box although I haven't had the opportunity just yet to see if they are working seamlessly (ie. no reboots or stalls blaming my internet connection as mentioned above).

PS. before I start messing about behind my telly (spaghetti junction) with cables, does anyone think I could get a result by swapping over the Ethernet from the Roku to the Humax and attempting the app / player stability that way or am I likely to have the same results as via current wifi setup?

Wiser heads than mine on here....thank God

| Tue 15 Sep 2015 9:34:58 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

robert1997

Hadn't checked the remote control aspect of the app before now. When I select a current programme from the tv guide on the app and press Watch Now the box switches channel after a very brief delay so no problems there. Hoping this info might help narrow down the issue.

| Tue 15 Sep 2015 11:37:02 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

robert1997

Final update until you guys have a chance to get your thinking caps on. On a second box in the house also running .46 everything is working 100% both with and without the app. Strange!

| Tue 15 Sep 2015 12:19:00 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

By any chance could it be the app software that's needs updating?

| Tue 15 Sep 2015 15:34:03 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

REPASSAC - 24 minutes ago  » 
    By any chance could it be the app software that's needs updating?

I was wondering that, also wondering if it could possibly be wanting a different version of iPlayer, i.e. the live restart version. But as the OP says the app works fine with his other freetime box, assuming it's the same phone being used with both boxes that seems to rule out problems with the app or player versions.

| Tue 15 Sep 2015 16:02:15 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.