My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

On Demand not loading

(12 posts)
  1. Daddy_Badger

Daddy_Badger

Greetings,

I currently have a HDR 1100s Freesat+ STB, its all setup etc however On Demand Apps do not show, it comes up with an error or rather the information "This should take less than 1 minute so please try again shortly"

I've tried again in a short while but still the same. STB is connected to WiFi, factory reset does not resolve this. Help much appreciated.

| Wed 31 Oct 2018 11:11:51 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If you pres right and move right and left do you see the app names. ie it's just the icons missing

In settings network connection Have you got a a IP address. Using a PC open a command window. Type ping your ip adddress enter.

Do you get a reply ?

Welcome to our forum.

| Wed 31 Oct 2018 11:18:26 #2 |
  3. Daddy_Badger

Daddy_Badger

Thanks for your prompt reply, i get no icons and then info that on demand is not available. The STB has an IP address however no response from ping , which is weird because it shows up in a network scan and is in the arp cache table in the router.

| Wed 31 Oct 2018 11:55:14 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Daddy_Badger - 1 minute ago  » 
    Thanks for your prompt reply, i get no icons and then info that on demand is not available. The STB has an IP address however no response from ping , which is weird because it shows up in a network scan and is in the arp cache table in the router.

If you login to your router setup. Does the box have a device with the IP address allocated to the box MAC address ? It might be just poor wireless reception. Can you run a temporary network cable to the router network switch ?

| Wed 31 Oct 2018 11:59:10 #4 |
  5. Daddy_Badger

Daddy_Badger

I can confirm the MAC address matches that in the cache table. Network cable would be the next step, i'll let you know what happens.

| Wed 31 Oct 2018 12:20:52 #5 |
  6. Daddy_Badger

Daddy_Badger

ok so hardwired cured this problem bizarrely. The WiFi access point is only 5 meters away.

Looks like I spoke too soon, Netflix will not load once selected, any ideas?

| Wed 31 Oct 2018 15:54:59 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Daddy_Badger - 1 hour ago  » 
    ok so hardwired cured this problem bizarrely. The WiFi access point is only 5 meters away.

Have you a netflix account ?

| Wed 31 Oct 2018 17:47:15 #7 |
  8. Daddy_Badger

Daddy_Badger

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

Schoolboy error. Ive managed to get netflix to work now, just need to get it hardwired to the network now. Thanks for your assistance with this.

| Wed 31 Oct 2018 19:35:24 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Daddy_Badger - 2 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

Schoolboy error. Ive managed to get netflix to work now, just need to get it hardwired to the network now. Thanks for your assistance with this.

A couple of home plugs should work especially over such a short distance.

| Wed 31 Oct 2018 19:39:15 #9 |
  10. Daddy_Badger

Daddy_Badger

Prefer not to use those, especially when the access point is only in the next room. Ill get better speed hard wired, think there may be an issue with the security of the wifi, anyone know what encryption type is preferred/supported with this stb?

| Thu 1 Nov 2018 17:27:40 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.