My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

On Demand not loading

(12 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Daddy_Badger - 3 hours ago  » 
    Prefer not to use those, especially when the access point is only in the next room. Ill get better speed hard wired, think there may be an issue with the security of the wifi, anyone know what encryption type is preferred/supported with this stb?

Flat network cable is easy to hide if you have fitted carpets. not so easy with hard floors

You will easily get 100Mbps if the sockets are on the same ring main which seems likely.

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/CSL-Ethernet-Gigabit-1000Mbit-broadband/dp/B014DVVGLS/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&tag=blusas008-21&qid=1541105490&sr=8-7&keywords=flat+cat6+ethernet+cable

| Thu 1 Nov 2018 20:52:31 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I have a pair of basic home plugs connected to a network switch behind my smart TV and a Foxsat-HDR with the custom firmware with a three connection network switch. On the same wall a fireplace makes it hard to run a network cable. At the other end of the lounge where pretty well all my kit is located in a rack I have a single cat 5 through the wall routed behind a drain pipe up into the loft and connected to my router network switch upstairs in my study/ 4th bedroom. Behind the kit rack in the lounge I have a 10 input network switch connected to the single uplift cable to my router. This provides internet/local network access for :

A Humax FVP-5000T

A HUmax HDR-1000s

A Amazon prime Fire TV box

two Humax HDR-Fox-T2 pvrs.

A LG smart Blu-ray
    player

A Amazon Prime TV box

A Yamaha AV receiver.

All this uses just one cAt 5 cable.

Upstairs a Vbox IP live TV IP server connects to the WiFi Server router network switch providing live Freeview TV to WiFi mobile connected devices and directly connected devices like my Blu-ray playe, like my Grandsons Xbox. His TV has no aerial connection and the X-Box connects via WiFi. The Vbox can record multiple channels to a usb drive.

The only thing the the two home plugs do is bridge the gap across the lounge. It works flawlessly.

My laptop has no ethernet socket, a usb to ethernet adaptor and a 3rd identical home plug is handy when you need the laptop to login to the Virgin Router which is in modem mode. A separate dual band router provides greatly extended WiFi coverage. Home plugs basically only have speed problems if they have to connect to different kit on different ring mains ie via the the consumer unit. which does reduce the speed capability.

The two home plugs merely plug a hole that's hard to fill with due to an obstruction.

| Thu 1 Nov 2018 22:15:56 #12 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.