My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

On Demand not working on HDR1100S

(28 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

paulrichardson - 26 mins ago  » 

Barry - 1 mnth ago  » 
    It fixes the YouTube search problem.... i.e. the on screen keyboard disappearing as you enter characters.

Hi Barry,
    I've been reading with interest about the latest Software update.
    I don't use YouTube on my Humax, is there any other reason to have the upgrade (bragging rights maybe).
    Regards,
    Paul

Hi Paul

No benefit other then fixing YouTube issue.

| Tue 4 May 2021 10:16:29 #21 |
  2. paulrichardson

paulrichardson

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the information.

I'll stick with my 2018 version.

Regards,

Paul

| Tue 4 May 2021 10:37:39 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

UKLarry666

I've had the same problem since sometime last year. Initially, On Demand came and went but at the begining of this year, it went and didn't come back.

I did see some comments last year that FreeSat and Humax were in some sort of dispute over On Demand services - no idea if this was correct or not.

I've been exchanging emails with FreeSat customer support on this problem for some time with no result.

However, this morning I noticed there had been a software release for the Humax HDR-1100S. Downloaded and installed - On Demand now works.

No idea whether Humax has fixed a software bug or writing the new software cleared a local problem. However, On Demand is now working

| Thu 24 Jun 2021 8:12:30 #23 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

UKLarry666 - 23 mins ago  » 
    I did see some comments last year that FreeSat and Humax were in some sort of dispute over On Demand services - no idea if this was correct or not.

Not true.

However, this morning I noticed there had been a software release for the Humax HDR-1100S. Downloaded and installed

Software update is to fix YouTube search function only.

| Thu 24 Jun 2021 8:37:45 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

@UKLarry666 - This unreliable On-Demand issue is something that we have to live with. Your case sounds worse than mine in so far as my Humax On-Demand works 85% of the time. It seems to depend on the individual boxes and I don't think there is a fix.

| Thu 24 Jun 2021 8:51:44 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

UKLarry666

Barry - 37 mins ago  » 

UKLarry666 - 23 mins ago  » 

Not true.

However, this morning I noticed there had been a software release for the Humax HDR-1100S. Downloaded and installed

Software update is to fix YouTube search function only.

Well, over the last year or so, I have queried both Humax and Freesat customer support as to whether there was some sort of dispute regarding On Demand services.

Neither denied it …

And irrespective of what the software updates were intended to achieve, my On Demand has become active again …

| Thu 24 Jun 2021 9:17:58 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Flecknoe

HDR-1100S Fresat. Don't use on demand very often. Yesterday, no matter how many times I tried, it would not connect with "wait a minute then try again caption" displaying every time. Couldn't find any obvious way to fix so powered down as a final resort (had checked for software update but none found or offered)

When simply powering back up, screen showed software update in process and said not to switch off machine until finished. Complied and when trying again found On Demand was working!

Had done nothing else at all. Happy but very confused as to how whatever the original problem was, effectively fixed itself.

Checked software version and it showed now running 3.00.98!!

Interested to know how on earth this came about.

| Sun 12 Sep 2021 17:56:50 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

UKLarry666

Flecknoe - 13 mins ago  » 
    HDR-1100S Fresat. Don't use on demand very often. Yesterday, no matter how many times I tried, it would not connect with "wait a minute then try again caption" displaying every time. Couldn't find any obvious way to fix so powered down as a final resort (had checked for software update but none found or offered)
    When simply powering back up, screen showed software update in process and said not to switch off machine until finished. Complied and when trying again found On Demand was working!
    Had done nothing else at all. Happy but very confused as to how whatever the original problem was, effectively fixed itself.
    Checked software version and it showed now running 3.00.98!!
    Interested to know how on earth this came about.

I've no idea nor, it seems, does Freesat

However, since my previous post of 24th June, On Demand has continued to work.

I've now probably jinxed it by saying so …

| Sun 12 Sep 2021 18:11:51 #28 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.