My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

On demand partly working

(22 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

It's not encouraging that that Freesat statement about an "urgent" update from Humax is dated more than a month ago.

| Mon 23 Feb 2015 17:25:10 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

ChrisH

Recently got a Humax 1010S and still learning it's quirks.

I find that itvplayer, when I can access it, does not seem to have previous versions in a series. For instance, I can view last night's episode of Mr Selfridge, but not any previous episode.

If I go into itvplayer on my tv connected to my Virgin Tivo box, all the previous episodes are there.

Is this a shortcoming of Freesat, or a problem with the 1010S, or something else?

| Mon 23 Feb 2015 18:31:49 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Different rights agreements, presumably.

| Mon 23 Feb 2015 19:10:50 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

warhelmet

ChrisH - 55 minutes ago  » 
    Recently got a Humax 1010S and still learning it's quirks.
    I find that itvplayer, when I can access it, does not seem to have previous versions in a series. For instance, I can view last night's episode of Mr Selfridge, but not any previous episode.
    If I go into itvplayer on my tv connected to my Virgin Tivo box, all the previous episodes are there.
    Is this a shortcoming of Freesat, or a problem with the 1010S, or something else?

One of my reasons for dumping Virgin was that their catch-up service didn't deliver the whole of BBC iPlayer and what it did deliver wasn't always timely. Your mileage may vary but inconsistency, difficulties of delivery, etc are driving me more and more towards a Windoze based media pc than dedicated boxes.

| Mon 23 Feb 2015 19:43:32 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ozzy

I live in the countryside, I only have a slow broadband connection, about 3 to 4 meg and my HDR1000S works perfectly on catchup, it doesn't need superfast or fibre. I have had my box for less than two weeks but it seems to do everything it should. Haven't seen that Curzon Cinema thing that someone mentioned but BBC/ITV/4OD/and 5 catchup services all work.
    My software said it is from November 2014.

| Mon 23 Feb 2015 20:18:52 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ozzy

I see what someone means about not all the episodes being there, only seems to have a few days catch-up whereas if looking on a computer, there is much more. Is the box using Humax's own servers or something instead of just putting everything that the players have up.

| Wed 25 Feb 2015 9:40:53 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Presumably depends on agreements negotiated between Freesat and the various content owners (BBC, ITV, 4oD, etc). On top of which, ultimately it's always going to be down to the content owner what content is made available through the various players.

See http://www.itv.com/terms/itvplayer/itv-player-freesat for the ITV-Player-for-Freesat T&C for users.

4. Content available on the Player
    4.1. To be able to view Content using the Player you must have a Freesat device and an active broadband internet connection. Please see our FAQs for further information about using the Player. It is your responsibility to ensure that your equipment, systems and connectivity are suitable to enable you to access the Content. We are not responsible in any way for your ability to view Content, even if your equipment and systems meets the minimum technical requirements. You will be responsible for any costs and other charges or expenses charged by your Internet Service Provider in relation to your internet service and any use in relation to the Player.

4.2. We are unable to guarantee that particular Content will be available at any particular time.

4.3. We reserve the right to remove and/or alter the Content available via the Player and/or the functionality of the Player at any time and for any reason whatsoever.

4.4. We will make reasonable efforts to keep the Player operational at all times, however we cannot guarantee that your use of the Player will be uninterrupted or error-free. From time to time we may temporarily suspend or remove the Player for technical, maintenance or operational reasons.

| Wed 25 Feb 2015 10:14:36 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

warhelmet

I connected my humax directly to my router with a long ethernet cable last night - I did wonder if power line networking might be affected by poor wiring - but it made zero difference. On demand was completely nonfunctioning as was 901.

| Wed 25 Feb 2015 15:20:42 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ozzy

Go into Settings then My Network Connection, see if you have an ip address

If not, make sure your router is set to be a DHCP host, if it works with everything else, it will be unless you chose fixed ip addresses when you set up your network.

| Wed 25 Feb 2015 15:53:25 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

warhelmet

The humax box has a fixed IP address. The router is not a DHCP server but I do have one connected to the network. The humax box says it's connected via ethernet etc...

I've zero problems with everything else. Well, nothing other than minor configuration issues that slow stuff down.

My DHCP server is fine with the static IP address but I'll review it later.

| Wed 25 Feb 2015 17:15:52 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.