My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

On Demand stopped working

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rssmith1

My On Demand has suddenly stopped working since Saturday. I am connected to a network which is confirmed in settings. However, each time I try to access I get an error message saying "On Demand is not currently available". If I try to access a program through Showcase I get a message saying "Incorrect Link".

Any suggestions?

| Mon 27 Nov 2017 16:20:08 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

spike

Same here. Humax and Freesat are aware of the problem - I've been in touch by twitter and email. No solution yet (in my case anyway)

| Mon 27 Nov 2017 16:27:50 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

We appear to have two threads relating to same issue. This one and

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/showcase-and-on-demand-not-loading-for-over-2-days

| Mon 27 Nov 2017 17:29:36 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

grahamlthompson - 6 minutes ago  » 
    We appear to have two threads relating to same issue. This one and
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/showcase-and-on-demand-not-loading-for-over-2-days

We do - will leave as is for now as one refers to HDR and tother HB

| Mon 27 Nov 2017 17:36:43 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gary

Had a similar problem. On demand very rarely loading. Checked router, no IP address just MAC. Kept trying until connected at last then went to router settings and allocated static IP to the Humax box. All fab now, no more failures !!

| Mon 9 Dec 2019 0:31:04 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tpost

Interesting outcome but whats static IP and how is it implemented?
    Thanks for the resolution.

| Mon 9 Dec 2019 10:41:02 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The best way of allocating a fixed ip address is via an address reservation on the router. This allocates a IP address from the DHCP pool to a MAC address.

In this way the same IP address will always be allocated.

How you do this depends on your router but is normally in advanced settings.

There are several other ways as well but then you need to know EXACTLY what you are doing.

| Mon 9 Dec 2019 10:54:08 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tpost

Thanks for quick reply and explanation. Think I will leave well alone as could mess up my settings as I don't really know what I'm doing!!

| Mon 9 Dec 2019 11:14:04 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

REPASSAC - 26 mins ago  » 
    The best way of allocating a fixed ip address is via an address reservation on the router. This allocates a IP address from the DHCP pool to a MAC address.

Until the router is reset or a replaced. I agree your method is the simplest but personally I prefer to set fixed IP addresses on any element of the network that needs to be accessible (servers, NAS, PVRs, printers). Yes you have to be careful not to allocate the same IP address to two pieces of equipment and you have to use IP addresses outside of the range of the DHCP pool. In my case a lot of my equipment gets moved to different locations and used with different routers.

| Mon 9 Dec 2019 11:29:36 #9 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Martin Liddle - 19 mins ago  » 

REPASSAC - 26 mins ago  » 

Until the router is reset or a replaced. I agree your method is the simplest but personally I prefer to set fixed IP addresses on any element of the network that needs to be accessible (servers, NAS, PVRs, printers). Yes you have to be careful not to allocate the same IP address to two pieces of equipment and you have to use IP addresses outside of the range of the DHCP pool. In my case a lot of my equipment gets moved to different locations and used with different routers.

I understand your viewpoint and I did mention their are other ways but you need to know what you are doing as you clearly do.

At one time I did the same and had a routable IP address split into two subnets with second router with routing between the subnets. All for the prep for a MSCE TCP/IP exam nearly 30 years ago.

Lucky not much has changed

| Mon 9 Dec 2019 11:55:44 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.