My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Padding

(9 posts)
  1. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Hi - anyone got any ides why the AUTO setting on recording start timings is sometimes very accurate (Still Open All Hours) and not others (Silent Witness). I'm imagining that the command to start is in the broadcast signal - but I'm not up on this sort of thing. I've added 5 minutes to the start and end timings and will see what happens. R-

| Wed 27 Jan 2016 11:28:25 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

RogerB - 31 minutes ago  » 
    Hi - anyone got any ides why the AUTO setting on recording start timings is sometimes very accurate (Still Open All Hours) and not others (Silent Witness). I'm imagining that the command to start is in the broadcast signal - but I'm not up on this sort of thing.

Our recording of last nights Silent Witness started at 09:02 pm which was at Channel ID display just before the start of the program (ie precisely correct). When did your recording start?

I've added 5 minutes to the start and end timings and will see what happens.

Which Humax box do you have? The early implementations of Accurate Recording were not perfect but on the later boxes it works very well on the major channels (Channel 5 excepted) and for us is significantly better than adding padding.

| Wed 27 Jan 2016 12:07:28 #2 |
  3. RogerB

RogerB

special member

HI Martin - luckily we were watching live so saw the drop down box on the Humax FVP 4000T start recording "Silent Witness" at 21:05 which was just after the opening sequence and just on the opening titles etc. Thinking about it "Still Open all Hours" goes straight into titles etc. - maybe that's the issue here? R-

| Wed 27 Jan 2016 12:42:41 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Just checked my recordings on FVP 4000T and same as Martin reported, 10 secs of channel splash screen then programme

| Wed 27 Jan 2016 13:57:16 #4 |
  5. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Curious. Just checked the 19 Jan recording which started up at Channel ID, 25 Jan was a few minutes late and last night the same. The 19 Jan recording was stopped before the end. I wonder does that make any difference? Just put a programme on to record at 14:15 today (and deleted previous recordings and removed padding) so we'll see what happens. R-

| Wed 27 Jan 2016 14:49:39 #5 |
  6. RogerB

RogerB

special member

That recording was fine. Started at 14:13 with channel ID and stopped at specified time. Something to keep an eye on. R-

| Wed 27 Jan 2016 17:06:05 #6 |
  7. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Just as an update - Silent Witness last night started perfectly at 21:00 during channel ID splash. Odd ain't it? R-

| Tue 2 Feb 2016 14:43:07 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

See 5 USA recordings start late and finish early - start complaining to the broadcaster.

| Tue 2 Feb 2016 15:39:50 #8 |
  9. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Thanks John - that's quite a read eh? Luckily there are the catch-up services for most programmes. Maybe this is what iPlayer etc. were developed to combat. R-

| Tue 2 Feb 2016 16:09:53 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.