My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Part of recording missing

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

gah99

Hi. I have recently bought the PVP-5000T and all was OK with timed recordings untill last night when I had on odd thing happen. There were 2 films set to record both due to start at 21.00. I happened to notice at about 21.10 the lights went out on the recorder but after a short while the red light came back on. When I checked today I found one film had recorded from 21.03 to 21.11 and then from 22.02 to 23.34 the second film had recorded from 21.02 to 21.11 and then from 22.05 to 23.46. I was wondering if anyone has an idea what caused this problem. Thanks

| Sat 4 Jul 2020 12:34:15 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Most likely the on/off signals sent by the broadcaster were done incorrectly.

| Sat 4 Jul 2020 14:15:17 #2 |
  3. Trev

Trev

special member

On two different channels? Seems unlikely to me, but anything is possible and I have no better explanation other than "these things seem to happen".

| Sat 4 Jul 2020 14:30:03 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Trev - 3 hours ago  » 
    On two different channels? Seems unlikely to me, but anything is possible and I have no better explanation other than "these things seem to happen".

Good point. I wonder which channels were involved.

| Sat 4 Jul 2020 17:42:52 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Guessing not the main 5 channels on the HD-Mux. Recordings these with auto set are generally reliable.

Some of the minor channels do not appear to use AR and record at scheduled times regardless of changes.

| Sat 4 Jul 2020 18:21:11 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

gah99

The 2 channels were ITV4 and 5Star.
    My main worry was the fact that for a few minutes all the lights on the Humax went out

| Sun 5 Jul 2020 10:20:02 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

Sounds to me like the box rebooted itself.
    If you start to play the first of the recordings does it come up with a message at the top of the screen saying something along the lines of 'failed recording due to power failure'? If so then I'd guess that's what happened, there has been other threads about it on here but no solution to the problem I'm afraid. I've had a few of them over the years but none for a month or so- there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason when they do it.

| Sun 5 Jul 2020 10:38:36 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

Christina2018 - 21 mins ago  » 
    Sounds to me like the box rebooted itself.

It does to me as well. The lights going out completely - no red or blue - is a sure sign of either a power cut or the box crashed and rebooted.

| Sun 5 Jul 2020 11:02:37 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

gah99

I have just checked and there is a message 'failed recording due to power failure'.
    The box is just over 2 weeks old so if this is going to an ongoing problem I will try to return it to Richer Sounds.
    I previously had a Panasonic PVR and in 10 years I never had a single failure to record

| Sun 5 Jul 2020 15:48:06 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

Yes that definitely sounds like a reboot to me then.
    I reckon over the (nearly) two years I've had the machine it has done it maybe 8 times at a guess that I've known about.
    Here is a thread where it has been chatted about before https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/recording-failed-due-to-loss-of-power (hopefully link works) in case that helps you make your decision on keeping the box or not.
    For my two pennies worth- I love the box but each to their own and I know a lot of people moan about some elements of it especially the slowness which I don't have a problem with. I've read numerous reviews where people have sent the box back in the first 30 days with problems, in fact I had to do just that with my first box (because of different problems with it).

| Mon 6 Jul 2020 10:16:23 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.