My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Pause, record & playback / storage setting stop!

(30 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

wellnevermind

For anyone else with this issue, according to Humax website, support, software area a new version of the software was created on Friday 19th

Unfortunately I am yet to download and find out if it has fixed the issue. As I only just happened to notice the "fix" by chance while at work just now. Ironically, a couple hours ago UK Humax Support messaged me and said... "At this time, we do not have a completed time frame for this". In reply to me messaging and asking when the fix would come!

Obviously communication is as good as their testing at Humax.

| Tue 23 Apr 2019 13:25:08 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

There is a new SW release - 1.03.50. Mine downloaded and installed automatically yesterday. The FVP checks for new software every time that it goes into standby and when checking for remote recording settings when in standby. The HUMAX website says it fixes a recording problem without being more specific. Does anyone know more about this software update?

| Wed 24 Apr 2019 6:59:12 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

GrahamRHK - 3 hours ago  » 
    Does anyone know more about this software update?

My assumption is that it is to fix the problem reported in the first post of the this thread with very recently purchased boxes. waiting with interest to hear if it fixes the problem for wellnevermind.

| Wed 24 Apr 2019 10:07:03 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

wellnevermind

I had to download the update via the site to USB in the end. It did not automtically update the unit from online and I tried running / looking for the update manually twice via the unit and was told no new software detected. But once downloaded to USB it found it with no issues.

And so far, so good with it fixing the issues. I have tried putting the unit through its paces the last 2 days. Hitting live pause randomly, setting it to record when in standby, recording while watching, etc, and everything so far has performed as expected.

The only thing I would mention so far, is that after you turn it off you can still hear what sounds like the hard disk operating for maybe 10 minutes. And no, not when it is recording something! But maybe it has some housekeeping to do after each switch off?

| Thu 25 Apr 2019 12:03:44 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

wellnevermind - 1 hour ago  » 
    I had to download the update via the site to USB in the end. It did not automtically update the unit from online and I tried running / looking for the update manually twice via the unit and was told no new software detected. But once downloaded to USB it found it with no issues.
    And so far, so good with it fixing the issues. I have tried putting the unit through its paces the last 2 days. Hitting live pause randomly, setting it to record when in standby, recording while watching, etc, and everything so far has performed as expected.
    The only thing I would mention so far, is that after you turn it off you can still hear what sounds like the hard disk operating for maybe 10 minutes. And no, not when it is recording something! But maybe it has some housekeeping to do after each switch off?

That will happen if a accurate recording is due to start within the next 25 mins or so or if the box is still processing a large number of recording deletions.

Unlike windows Linux FS deletions take longer because the actual recording data is removed. Windows just deletes the file system pointers making it near instantaneous.

| Thu 25 Apr 2019 13:29:28 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Curiously, I tried going to System Settings and attempting to update online from there and it worked first time - no USB stick in sight (in fact I don't even own one!).

Took about 5-10 minutes in all to download, install and restart. As usual when restarting, it initially said that the box contained no recordings, but they soon reappeared.

| Thu 25 Apr 2019 13:31:39 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

wellnevermind

grahamlthompson - 12 minutes ago  » 

wellnevermind - 1 hour ago  » 

That will happen if a accurate recording is due to start within the next 25 mins or so or if the box is still processing a large number of recording deletions.
    Unlike windows Linux FS deletions take longer because the actual recording data is removed. Windows just deletes the file system pointers making it near instantaneous.

Yeah, I can understand that. But it has happened the last 2 nights when turning off at bedtime (midnightish). And there were no recordings scheduled for many hours, in fact about 20 hours (at least 8pm). And next to nothing to process, as it was a clean box / disk until a couple days ago and the odd hour tv show recorded, watched and deleted was done hours before turn off.

The software side of things, GUI, etc, and operation of unit. Does seem slow though.

| Thu 25 Apr 2019 13:48:00 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

wellnevermind

A1944 - 23 minutes ago  » 
    Curiously, I tried going to System Settings and attempting to update online from there and it worked first time - no USB stick in sight (in fact I don't even own one!).
    Took about 5-10 minutes in all to download, install and restart. As usual when restarting, it initially said that the box contained no recordings, but they soon reappeared.

Was your unit in need of the update? It was already working fine or did you have the same issues as me? Maybe the issue that caused mine to need the update to work properly also caused the auto/online updating not to work?

| Thu 25 Apr 2019 13:56:34 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

grahamlthompson - 46 minutes ago  » 
    Unlike windows Linux FS deletions take longer because the actual recording data is removed.

Can you provide any evidence for that claim? I think you will find the data is still on the hard drive and the slowness is due to the inefficiency of the Ext2/Ext3 file system when dealing with large files.

| Thu 25 Apr 2019 14:18:11 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

wellnevermind - 30 minutes ago  » 
    The software side of things, GUI, etc, and operation of unit. Does seem slow though.

I am afraid that is true of the FVP models but generally they are usually reliable at recording.

| Thu 25 Apr 2019 14:20:31 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.