My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Picture and sound jumping on some recordings

(20 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jack333

After having problems with my 9300T recordings like picture jumping and sound missing I fitted a new hard drive. All went well and now building up library of programmes to watch later. Now I've started watching recordings I'm having the same problem with some programmes. At points during playback there can be a slight jump in recording and then sometimes the sound is not there. If I stop the playback and restart it sometimes corrects it but not always. I did a full reset when i first had problems Any one have any knowledge on this please.

| Sun 28 Jan 2018 21:57:02 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Jack333 - 12 minutes ago  » I fitted a new hard drive.

What is the model of the drive?

| Sun 28 Jan 2018 22:10:31 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jack333

Western Digital Scorpio WD3200AVVS AV-GP 320 GB Internal Hard Drive 8.9 cm (3.5-inch), 7200 rpm, 8 MB Cache, SATA, Blue

| Sun 28 Jan 2018 22:24:42 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Jack333 - 1 hour ago  » 
    After having problems with my 9300T recordings like picture jumping and sound missing I fitted a new hard drive. All went well and now building up library of programmes to watch later. Now I've started watching recordings I'm having the same problem with some programmes. At points during playback there can be a slight jump in recording and then sometimes the sound is not there.

Are these problems on specific series of programs? There is (another) well known problem with the 9300T that on specific programs you get exactly the symptoms you describe. My theory is that the programs in question are using a type of encoding that was not common when the box was launched and as Humax have been aware of this problem for a long time and have not issued a fix, I speculate that the problem is in the chip that does the decoding. As far as I know only the 9150T and the 9300T are the only Humax boxes affected.

| Sun 28 Jan 2018 23:05:50 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jack333

It doesn't happen with all recordings. I know for a fact it affects Vera recorded Sundays on ITV

| Sun 28 Jan 2018 23:44:48 #5 |
  6. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Jack333 - 43 minutes ago  » 
    It doesn't happen with all recordings. I know for a fact it affects Vera recorded Sundays on ITV

The skipping was first noticed on Family Guy many years ago and still affects Family Guy even though the programme has moved from BBC3 to ITV2. Also there is something in the data of Emmerdale and Coronation Street about 15 seconds before the end that causes skipping on my partners 9300.

| Mon 29 Jan 2018 0:39:23 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jack333

Yes I have noticed the jump sometimes at the end of Coro.

| Mon 29 Jan 2018 1:05:01 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JjLemon

Hi. I’ve got both a PVR9150 & a PVR9300. Over the last couple of years I’ve also had problems with sound/vision skipping on mainly commercial TV programs but has started doing it more often and now on BBC programs. You’d of thought that others would have found a solution from Humax by now.

| Tue 9 Apr 2019 17:43:58 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

JjLemon - 1 hour ago  » 
    You’d of thought that others would have found a solution from Humax by now.

My guess is that the problem is in the decoding chip which I assume can't be fixed by a normal software update.

| Tue 9 Apr 2019 18:58:32 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

JjLemon - 19 hours ago  » 
    Hi. I’ve got both a PVR9150 & a PVR9300. Over the last couple of years I’ve also had problems with sound/vision skipping on mainly commercial TV programs but has started doing it more often and now on BBC programs. You’d of thought that others would have found a solution from Humax by now.

Strange. I've had problems with BBC programmes for years. eg. Have I Got News For You - when a missing words style caption goes up. I never used to have problems on commercial channels - but in the last couple of years I've noticed it on ITV.
    As for Humax fixing the problem "You got two chances mate: Bob Hope and no hope. And Bob Hope's dead."

| Wed 10 Apr 2019 13:38:53 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.