My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Picture break-up issues

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

edrch

Hi,

Can anyone provide me with some advice, please...

I have been having problems of late with picture quality on my HDR-Fox T2. Around thirty minutes after turning on the machine (from standby) the picture and sound will start to break up to such a degree that the programme being watched becomes unwatchable.

The only workaround I appear to have is to turn off the unit at the front followed by the rocker switch at the back. When the machine has stopped whirring, I switch the rocker again and boot the machine from the front. This stops the problem from reoccurring until starting it up (again, from standby, usually later that day or the next morning), when the same problem happens again. I'm rather concerned that I have to daily reboot the recorder in such a way - and the issue is getting tiresome, to say the least.

Thoughts, please?

Ed
    edrch

| Tue 9 Sep 2014 15:14:26 #1 |
  2. athomson

athomson

special member

Are you running the custom firmware? If so you could look at the disc temperature under system monitoring. If not can you put your ear to the back of the unit when the picture breaks up to hear the fan, with sound muted of course? How old is the unit? If the fan has packed up maybe its time to talk to humax... Maybe others can be of more help.

Andy

| Wed 10 Sep 2014 17:50:24 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

same question as Andy, are you running CF custom firmware?
    Also what version/s of firmware

If not set up properly CF can and does cause picture breakup due to extra load placed on the cpu/disk, if set up properly then there shouldn't be a problem

If you haven't CF installed then there's a load of things it could be and having CF would help diagnose it quicker.

First thing is to factory reset it, taking a note of your schedule and preferences, don't format
    Second, is it getting hot/warm to the touch
    Third, which channels and what's the signal detection levels, does it happen at certain times of the day, does it happen on live and/or recorded programmes

that's probably enough questions for now, I think it's interesting that it only happens after coming out of standby and the first thing I'd be doing is a factory reset, takes a couple of minutes, monitoring it and if it continues seeing if there's a pattern and posting back with a bit more detail

| Wed 10 Sep 2014 20:54:29 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.