My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Picture breaking up on recordings

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jim_H

Hi I am new to this Forum, so apologies if my issue is not a new one - I looked through past postings but couldn't find it. We have had a Humax 5000T for about 2 years without any real problems, until we got a new Smart TV recently. Now we find that, sometimes, the picture on recorded programmes breaks down - heavy pixellation, lines, freezing. I don't think it's the TV, since it never happens when we are watching live. I wondered if it might be a problem with the signal strength?

| Wed 7 Jun 2023 6:54:08 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

What is the Signal Strength?

Press the Freeview button on the remote control, go to
    Settings> Channel Settings> Signal Test.

Try it with different channels on different muxes.
    What is the Signal Strength on the TV.

Signal strength should be below 100% if the signal strength is too high that can cause picture break up etc.
    But you would see that on watching live TV through the 5000T,
    and perhaps not through watching live TV through the TV.
    Signal Quality should be 100%.

Have you checked the cables are all seated firmly. Keep the HDMI cable away from the aerial cable.
    Is the HDMI cable connected to the correct HDMI port on the TV. Your TV instructions should tell you
    what devices are best suited to your TVs HDMI ports.

If the 5000T recordings played without issue on your previous TV it may be an issue with your new TV.
    Have you tried watching other devices on your new TV connected by HDMI.
    Have you tried viewing recordings from the 5000T on another TV.

| Wed 7 Jun 2023 7:59:52 #2 |
  3. Mars

Mars

special member

Jim_H - 3 hours ago  » 
    Hi I am new to this Forum, so apologies if my issue is not a new one - I looked through past postings but couldn't find it. We have had a Humax 5000T for about 2 years without any real problems, until we got a new Smart TV recently. Now we find that, sometimes, the picture on recorded programmes breaks down - heavy pixellation, lines, freezing. I don't think it's the TV, since it never happens when we are watching live. I wondered if it might be a problem with the signal strength?

When pixellation occurs on a recording, what happens if you rewind then replay the affected part of the recording? This will tell you if the problem is with the recording or the connection to the new TV. It would be odd if a problem with signal strength started after getting a new TV unless a connection became loose when installing the new TV.

| Wed 7 Jun 2023 10:40:34 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jim_H

Thanks for the advice - I try out these ideas tommorrow.

| Wed 7 Jun 2023 22:53:31 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.